Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NumberOneSled
Where can I find pics of a RS/SS?
RS looks identical to the others, it just has HID headlights and darker tinted tail light lenses.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
h0t, paying only $300 more per month for a brand new LS3 5th gen vs a 98,000 mile 4th gen would seem like a no-brainer. The 5th gen is a world-class car with superior build quality. Bet once you see your ordered car in person, you change your mind about not picking it up after all
U r right; at first i hated the new Camaro with a passion, i mean a serious passion. I thought it looked busted; ugly as hell, huge, and well, stupid. Then a couple days ago someone posted a link to GMPP's site that had some aftermarket products already lined up for it. What caught my eye were the two body kits they have out; Dale Jr's, and the black one. They make the car look ******* badass, they totally change the look of the car, and with rumors of an LS7 or better option, it got me thinking:

It will cost me +/- $20K to get my car SS the way i want it. Probably a little more on the plus side, so we'll say $25K. That includes the engine, drivetrain, suspension, paint, tune, ect. u know, the whole 9 yards. We r talking 6 years until i have the money to do so (I'm 24 now) and i would prpbably take out a loan, assuming my credit is still spotless, to pay for about 50% of it as well as have it properly insured. Anyways; IF the Camaro is still around by then and bening produced then it seems like financial stupidity to dump $25K into a, will be, 15 yr old car when a better replacement is available. That is ONLY if the new Camaro lasts longer then the GTO did; i'd want atleast 3-4 yrs of solid production before i'd be comfortable in buying one; that way the kinks are worked out, there is a massive aftermarket out there, and GM will have had some upgrades to the cars. If it goes the way of the GTO, i wil have my 4th Gen SS until it disenergrates. Hell, if we get 3-4 yrs out of it, maybe they will bring back the Firebird and i will have more options.

Just makes more sense; i would get a faster car w/ Brembos already on it and a warranty. Only time will tell; i think however, that i will be keeping my 4th Gen with the way things look; o well...
Old 01-06-2009, 02:30 AM

There have been rumors of a new (2010) Trans Am in the making. A friend of mine sent me a couple of "Spy photos" of it on the test track. I dont know how true those are, or where he got the photos (Just know he found them on the internet.) I love the new Camaro though... Maybe in 2011 I can afford one.....
Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by drknow90rs_ss@y
There have been rumors of a new (2010) Trans Am in the making. A friend of mine sent me a couple of "Spy photos" of it on the test track. I dont know how true those are, or where he got the photos (Just know he found them on the internet.) I love the new Camaro though... Maybe in 2011 I can afford one.....
That would be awesome but I certainly wouldn't count on it in times like these.
If one is even remotely interested in this new car they should go for it now before ya can't buy one anymore at all and not sit and wait for a Firebird/Trans Am version that may never happen.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrydass
i'd want atleast 3-4 yrs of solid production before i'd be comfortable in buying one; that way the kinks are worked out,
Not necessary. It shares a lot of components with the Pontiac G8. Most of the kinks will already be worked out when it hits the ground. Also, the LS3 engine has been out for two model years now in the Corvette.

No need to put off buying a vehicle worrying about first year issues. That is what warranty is for. I guarantee a used high-mileage 4th gen will have more stuff fall apart on it than a brand new 2010 Camaro will.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not necessary. It shares a lot of components with the Pontiac G8. Most of the kinks will already be worked out when it hits the ground. Also, the LS3 engine has been out for two model years now in the Corvette.

No need to put off buying a vehicle worrying about first year issues. That is what warranty is for. I guarantee a used high-mileage 4th gen will have more stuff fall apart on it than a brand new 2010 Camaro will.
I'm not necessarily talking about the car falling apart, more about improvements, i guess. FOr example; the '98 LS1 F-Bodies's PCM have limited capabilities for tuning where as the '99-current ones dont, in '01 they gave the cars better intakes, exhaust mani's, valley cover, and !EGR. The only real issue is the damn "glass rear", u kno? The '04 CTS-V had that wheel-hop issue that was supposedly "corrected" in later yrs.

I didn't kno it shared a lot of stuff w/ the G8; i guess it isn't exactly the same issue as with the LS1's as the Vette and F-Body both got them at around the same time. I just think it is better to let the first yr run be put to the test and see if GM has to make any improvements. I'd rather advoid the recalls and get the best the first time.

maybe im wrong...?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

When is delivery excepted? I really looking forward to seeing pictures of your new ride. Good luck with it
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by h0t
I ordered nearly the exact same thing...

except I didn't get the hockey/white stripe or w/e. But I got the paint matched valve covers. Mine was about $37,000.

Then I woke up and realized that I didn't feel like paying $604+ a month for 7 years and around $200 a month for insurance.

So instead I just bought a 2000 Camaro SS SLP fully loaded with a few little tweaks (iPod connector, port/polished throttle body, rerouting of some of the lines to clear up the throttle body path etc).
At 604 a month how much were you putting down?
I am stopping at a dealer tomorrow to see if i can get out of me chevy truck lease with a year left and put down some cash and order one,either silver or the grey ss2 rs package
Old 01-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

damm i didnt no 21" wheels are in the options
Old 01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats Nineball, when you decide to open a dealership please let me know
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

is the AQUA BLUE METALLIC offered in the SS version? thats a make or break for me
Old 01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jay Vicious
is the AQUA BLUE METALLIC offered in the SS version? thats a make or break for me
I believe they did make both blues available in the SS. At first they didn't offer the SS in blue but I know you can get it in Imperial blue not and I'm pretty sure you can get the Aqua Blue too.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

How difficult is the Cyber Gray to keep clean? I have a black TA and hope its nothing like that. Most likely changing my Victory red to either silver of cyber gray.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ws6ta444
How difficult is the Cyber Gray to keep clean? I have a black TA and hope its nothing like that. Most likely changing my Victory red to either silver of cyber gray.
Cyber gray would be way easier to keep clean than black. Black is the worst to keep clean, but the best color. My dad has a GMC Sierra that is kinda close to cyber gray in color, idk the actually GM paint code on it, but it is one of the best colors not to show dirt. Silver would probably be a little better as far as showing dirt.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

Tony, still getting stripes after seeing pics from the Detroit Auto Show?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

so how long will it be stock?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

i went to my dealer they where lost like always..
Old 01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

the 2011 models are going to be better, the 2010's did not get all the kinks worked out. Plus you'll be able to buy then at better pricing.

Still excited about the 400-420rwhp with a tune

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2010 Camaro SS/RS today