Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

news: Camaro production delayed one month

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this will give us more time to make changes. My father just ordered the same color and stripe combo as mine, minus the RS package. Should I change? We both did Victory red with black stripes. Now I'm thinking if I should swap for cyber gray with silver stripes, silver with black stripes, or inferno orange with black stripes.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hope that they dont add more months as time goes
Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

do yourselves a favor - skip to the last page, click on the link to the thread started by fbodfather. save yourselves a lot of aggravation
Old 01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Launching!

The one month delay is to bring you the BEST POSSIBLE Camaro ever
Hmm. So where is the Z28 LSA? CAFE is not a threat according to fbodfather at the moment . . .

Why has the ordering changed?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
...Rumor has it the V8s will be a long time off and very limited. A few guys on corvetteforum said this back in November. I hope you all like V6s. And market adjustments for the LS3...
IF that is the case, or ends up being the case, then **** 'em. I REFUSE to pay more then MSRP on ANY car; i just can't justify it. If this is what ends up happening, then i will be keping my 4th Gen and modding that bitch. I mean, christ, the markup on the C6Z was $20K at my local Chey dealer when it came out, they wanted $90K for it. They also have a ZR1, good luck getting one for the MSRP of $115K. My cousin said they want damn near $135K for it with the "adjusted market value tax"...

"Market Adjustments" is just a fancy term for greedy dealers...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Being 1 month off is irrelevant, it's not like it'll be 6 months to a year off. Sadly though, why pay 30k for a Camaro new when you can get a used C6 Corvette for $30k? C6 Corvette > new Camaro even if it is used. Then again if the new Camaro somehow dropped prices of used C5's and C6's I wouldn't argue. But that is probably just wishful thinking.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nightrydass
IF that is the case, or ends up being the case, then **** 'em. I REFUSE to pay more then MSRP on ANY car; i just can't justify it. If this is what ends up happening, then i will be keping my 4th Gen and modding that bitch. I mean, christ, the markup on the C6Z was $20K at my local Chey dealer when it came out, they wanted $90K for it. They also have a ZR1, good luck getting one for the MSRP of $115K. My cousin said they want damn near $135K for it with the "adjusted market value tax"...

"Market Adjustments" is just a fancy term for greedy dealers...
In the interest of full disclosure, fbodfather is saying there is no delay in V8s. Yet, they are prioritizing V6 sales. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck . . .
Anyways, it is cf members vs. settlemire. I guess we will have to wait until March to see who is right.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
Read the thread on camaro5 with the post from a dealer named "camaroscotty".
The delay has nothing to do with the Cadence issue.

Rumor has it the V8s will be a long time off and very limited. A few guys on corvetteforum said this back in November. I hope you all like V6s. And market adjustments for the LS3.

What I don't get is if they had 8-10K sold orders for V8s, why aren't they building V8s?

This is more "GM knows best." First the LSA was killed and now the SS is delayed.

The G8 GXP is looking better by the day.
lol, yeah...there gona make limited SS models when 80% of the over 10,000 pre ordes WERE ss cars......

1 month is nothing, im sure those who pre ordered them will get them within the same time frame as planned...maybe a few weeks off or so...but as stated I would rather have the car done right with less of those "first year" bugs then what it would have if it was rushed.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

1 month delay is not a big deal. For those looking for answers you need to read the thread started by FbodFather.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517

It should calm your fears and answer most of your questions.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Launching!

It doesn't answer any questions.
It doesn't say why there is a delay.
It doesn't say when the V8s will be built other than some who guess that "sometime in April or October at the latest".

All it has is GM nuthuggers stoning people for not understanding GM's apparent change in their ordering/building system.

We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can.
So even though you ordered an SS you get to wait so the dealer will have a
V6 to demo apparently.

I lost interest in the car as soon as they announced no Z28. I hope it is a success, but with this latest issue, I doubt they build/sell 100k units/year.

Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-13-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lsx cayenne
why dont they just not make the new camaro?
:stfu:
Old 01-16-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
examples of suchhh great products that were rushed instead of waiting.. ps3..iphones..vista..

Rather havem hold off for a month then, hell, take two.
I agree. We all know this car won't "save GM" but I doubt they can afford for it to flop. Taking another month to make sure it is done right is more important. I'm sure once it is out, and giving people the "what was that?!?" whiplash, all will be good.

I look forward to seeing pics of these cars sitting in peoples driveways/garages.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,167 Likes on 759 Posts

Hard to tell what the reality is, that thread is short on facts it's pretty vague.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

sob i cant wait.. i have my downpayment already

Quick Reply: news: Camaro production delayed one month