Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Not an F body anymore

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009 | 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Default Not an F body anymore

in case anyone was wondering, they didn't make it an F body this time... they r calling it an E body like the G8... too bad they didn't make the 2 door camaro the F while the 4 door G8 would be the E... i work in the parts dept and its listed in the newest catalog update...
Old 01-24-2009 | 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by someday
in case anyone was wondering, they didn't make it an F body this time... they r calling it an E body like the G8... too bad they didn't make the 2 door camaro the F while the 4 door G8 would be the E... i work in the parts dept and its listed in the newest catalog update...
No this has already been addressed. The camaro is an F body. Nothing to worry about people. A quote from fbodfather

"Da Fbodfather sez it's an Fbody...........'kay????

2G1FXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

This has been adressed here, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12132
Old 01-24-2009 | 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

This may have already been addresed, but does anyone know if it is still uni-body in nature??? I mean, does it have a frame connecting the ft and rear suspension or subframes? Just wondering?
Old 01-25-2009 | 03:34 AM
Launching!

you are saying if I buy the new camaro, I will not be able to park with rest of F-body in the F-body gathering?
Old 01-25-2009 | 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Cool darn straight!

Originally Posted by lsp408
you are saying if I buy the new camaro, I will not be able to park with rest of F-body in the F-body gathering?
not only that, you will be forced to LEAVE THE AREA if there is a "real" f-body around! Take that!

Actually, if you get one early, I imagine you'll find yourself quite popular at any gathering as everyone will want to check it out.

f-bod father says they're f-bodys, actually. Although "Zeta Father" would have been cool! Has a nice uber-powerful, sci-fi ring to it.

Quick Reply: Not an F body anymore