Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Just DROVE one today!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just DROVE one today!!

Just my personal review...

So I went down to the dealer (van nuys, CA) just to see if they had the 2010 camaro around, and they did, a black v6 auto w/moonroof. It was the only one they had, and was sold already. Asked if I could just sit in it, he's like "ahhh alright". Then he says "what the hell, get in"! So he drove down the street, pulled over and said "your turn", im like "really"? He was not supposed to drive it...

The car (v6) drives very smooth and quiet, seats were comfy. Got so many looks, smiles, and dropped jaws, even the LAPD shouted out! Had no idea people were this crazy about it.

This car is BIG and wide, was a bit shocked at how big it really is.

Felt like I was crawling but was actually going 40 mph (digital readout). The A-Pillars are huge and like a 4th gen, hard to see out of the front windshield. The doors were high, no hanging your arm out while cruising in this. Decent stereo, although didnt pay much attention to it. Seat belts still choke your *** like the 4th gens.

This camaro had "paddle" shifters, but it was more like a button you push in back of the BIG steering wheel.

The side view mirrors have an awesome view of the flared rear fenders! 300+ hp, but you don't really "feel" it though, I punched it and got to 85mph fast!!! Doesnt have the kick like an ls1, of course doesnt have the torque either. Im sure the SS is more ferocious.

Sales guy was real cool and said it straight, they sell sticker price, no markup. He said more like 4 months rather than 6 before I get my hands on it, they just need to tell you 6mo in case they cant deliver. GM can't crank em out fast enough.

$500 down. I think I may just do it! A black SS w/orange stripes....

Forgot to take pics! Was too exited, didnt know I would get to drive it!
Old 05-14-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would be PISSED if I found out some salesman went out joyriding with a tire kicker in a car I had already purchased. That being said, glad you got a ride!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sell cars at a General Motors dealeship, and that my friend is pure stupidity. Someone that snoozes to come get their Camaro kind of deserves it though. The car is just to damn hot to let just sit there.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I've sat in a few of them now and it's not really that the car is big. It's that the glass is so short it gives the impression that the car is huge. And it's a little hard to see out of. It is a sweet looking car though.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

+1 for being upset if it was my car - some people have work commitments to attend to before they can pick up their car (As in the case of my truck). If I found out, I would call the deal off completely and never go back to that dealership.

Anyway, lucky you! I saw one in person 2 days ago and they are so nice, but didn't really think it was that big - the Challengers are BIG! Can't wait to take one for a drive myself
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Damn guys, it is just a car.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll stop by that dealership on my lunch break lol no im kidding...
Old 05-15-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TierAngst
Exactly! So...you won't mind if I come over on my lunch break and drive your car without you there. I probably won't go WOT over 85 or so, no problem, right?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I've got a 95 caprice, why would you want to drive it, you've got your own? Oh wait, mine is a six speed, it's fun :-) And yeah, it is still just a car.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Its not just a car! its a way of life!!!!! GEESE!! LOL im kidding.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Did you check it out ReFtheMC? If you go there, talk to Armand (cool black dude). Everyone else there is clueless!!!

That camaro could have just been a demo, if memory serves correct, the sales guy (Armand) said it "may" be sold but no one (the dorks inside) could confirm that so he said the hell with it, lets go!

The new camaro IS big, it was parked next to a newer toyota camry and dwarfed it! Not a bad thing though, cause its a Hell Tank! The 4th gens feel big and you cant see ****! Remember the one that got smashed in the rear already (camaro5 forum)? Took a good hit and kept you safe. Try that with a civic.

Oh, for those who hate the moonroof option, give it a try, it was NICE!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yes its just a car, a brand new car that someone just paid $25,000 for to be the first one to drive it and take it through its paces. Not some idiot salesman or freerider who just wanted to drive one. I would demand money off or walk. Stupidity like that bothers me.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

I suppose then the guy that drove it onto the trailer and the person that drove it off and the one that drove it to get it washed.... But I'm sure they weren't doing 85 which is the problem right? I doubt they paid more than just the reservation fee and thats it, so of course it's the banks car and he shouldn't be driving it either.

I'm not saying that I would want a stranger driving my car but if he were as uptight about it as some of you seem to be then he, like you guys, would have been at the stealership the moment it arrived so he could bask in it's automotive amazingness and not let anyone else touch it. It is like none of you bought a car that has been test driven before you bought it or owned a used car. And trying to demand money off of car would be worthless, the dealership could have that car sold in a few hours (probably with a markup) if the original person said they didn't want it. I'm done. Sorry.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

a point is you arent supposed to wot at low mileage. it can create more wear than if broken in, just like you shouldnt when engine isnt warmed up. if you buy a car, no one else should be able to take it for a joyride.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

I guess I've just seen so many contradicting views on the whole WOT before broken in thing that I stopped believing anyone about it. I just think it's funny that you all cheer on the burn outs and the dyno vids of the cars with less than 100 miles on them but it is a big deal to hit 85 in a car the dealership didn't even know was sold for sure or not. And given the chance you all would have done the same as the guy with the really creepy screen name :-P
Old 05-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I guess I've just seen so many contradicting views on the whole WOT before broken in thing that I stopped believing anyone about it. I just think it's funny that you all cheer on the burn outs and the dyno vids of the cars with less than 100 miles on them but it is a big deal to hit 85 in a car the dealership didn't even know was sold for sure or not. And given the chance you all would have done the same as the guy with the really creepy screen name :-P
A car that the owner puts on a dyno or drags vs a sold car the owner hasnt picked up yet and two strangers take on a high speed drive? The owner paid for a brand new car. Unloading and washing it? Please, you know thats a dumb argument. Do you really think its the same as taking someone elses car WOT to 85? Looking at it is one thing, but a salesman saying its sold, but lets go pound on it is unethical and should be taken care of. I dont care what you think wed all do, if they told me it was, sold I would have looked at it like it was someone elses car, because it was. No different than a car show where someone leaves the keys in it.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i would be one pissed off ****, if the dealership or some dumbass salesman let some idiot off the street who has no reason to drive my car which is alredy sold to me drive it. u better believe i would raise hell.

Quick Reply: Just DROVE one today!!