Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy92rs
the mustang will overcome the new camaro I believe... since the mustang is more attractive... way to go again GM
I disagree. Camaro looks better than the mustang.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2010 is really growing on me everytime i see one i cant help but stare at it red and silver are beautiful and the SS is a sweet car.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't get overzealous guys...just because a couple Camaros were sold doesn't
mean much unfortunately.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090701/..._autos_sales_3
Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
What you see at dealers, are dealer cars...or orders waiting to be picked up. GM has stated that the car is selling better then expected and supply companies can't keep up with the demand...Given the economy state and the fact GM has filled Chapter 11...its amazing to see the Camaro doing this well.
Nope, sorry you are wrong. They are for sale, over sticker, been there for weeks, have a nice one.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

LOL...you registered just to argue about camaro sales?

How old are you?
Old 07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Teching In

33, been building all brands of cars since before I could drive. I didnt register to argue about the sales, I registered to post a thread asking about the new vortech twin screw blowers for the ls motors, but after searcing around it seems no one is running one yet. I posted in this thread because it is tiresome hearing the same old moronic rhetoric from people "brand hating" when people should be doing everything they can, politically, and monitarily (buy a new american car) to help the cause of performance domestic vehicles if they truly want too keep them around. Trying to bust down on the manufaturer that has been the strongest of all the domestics in sales, and product lineup, and didnt **** us harder by taking bailout money, then going ahead and declaring bankruptcy, is pretty damn childish, if you want to question someones mental age. We are luck any of them are around, since most of the types that are involved in performance cars, like to talk alot of politacal ****, but when it come to actuall doing something for our sport, they are too busy talking **** on the internet or drinking beer, to act. Rant over. Peace.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

That link lists them as sales(deliveries) so I'm guessing that includes the months and months of pre-orders. Not that impressive when you factor that in, unless I am wrong.

Larry
Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Well you are doing the exact same thing that you just "ranted" against in your post.

If arguing like a 12 year old about how no camaros are selling in your area and that the sales are just a fad isnt brand hating than I dont know what is. And how are you helping the cause of american sports car sales by dismissing the camaros recent success?

Two wrongs dont make a right son
Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ws6ta444
Mustang is more attractive?????? I feel the Camaro is a home run. I'm one of those who purchased on Oct. 16th and will be taking delivery in the next couple of days. As the owner of a 4th gen TA, and former 99Z, there is no comparision......
The new Camaro does look better than the Mustang. Given.

It doesn't look as good as the 4th gens, especially the Trans Am.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wabmorgan
The new Camaro does look better than the Mustang. Given.

It doesn't look as good as the 4th gens, especially the Trans Am.
Trans Am's are nice on the sides and the front. The rear looks like ****.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

i hope they sell enough to pay back the goverment and bring out the z28
Old 07-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Good luck finding a camaro on a dealer lot in Canada.I have been looking every time I drive by a g.m store.All you Americans are getting first dibs.(Yes I am Jealous.haha.)
The camaro is a nicer car than the mustang and the LSX engine is a killer set up compared to the hemi and triton style ford engine.
That is why sales are up for G.M.
In Canada a Mustang gt sells for around the same as Camaro ss and Challenger rt cars so it's a no brainer on what you are going to want to buy.422 hp vs. 315 vs. 375.
Camaro wins.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Well you are doing the exact same thing that you just "ranted" against in your post.

If arguing like a 12 year old about how no camaros are selling in your area and that the sales are just a fad isnt brand hating than I dont know what is. And how are you helping the cause of american sports car sales by dismissing the camaros recent success?

Two wrongs dont make a right son
I beg to differ, and you can believe Im not your son. I simply stated that their are plenty of them for sale all over my city, I didnt call them Catfish or Mullet Mobiles, or pieces of ****. Dont say Im saying the same thing when Im not. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I'd be in a new Camaro as well but decided I needed a family car and kept the Formula. So I bought a G8 instead!
That's my new GM purchase to help the cause...

Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93cz28

^^^^^ T/A rear end LOOKS pretty damn AWESOME you ask me.

Last edited by wabmorgan; 07-04-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hardcore Domestics
I think the G8 is a fantastic looking car and has a ton more market appeal than a 2 door sports car. I also like the CTS-V even though its price tag is a little unreasonable, unless of course you compare it to the cars its intended to go up against, like the M3, M5, AMGs, RSs, etc. I hope so bad for them they figure out a way to make the G8 into a Chevrolet and keep it going. Like people have been saying for years, the American companies should bring over some of their Austraillian 4 door cars. GM finally steps up and brings over an OZ ride, and they decide to do a coupe, and make it look like a Cavalier and make it weigh 2 tons+ and slap a rediculious price tag on it, considering the demgraphics for a car like that.
The G8 was nice, unfortunately it didn't sell all that well. Those Camaro sales are not all pre-orders, only about half are. I find it hard to believe that all the Chevy dealers around you are covered in Camaros. You must live in a special part of the country, your either making it up(my guess) or over-exaggerating.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:21 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 93cz28

Well it's too bad you feel that way since that's the view you would see of mine!

I couldn't help myself....you set yourself up for that one!
Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sat in a Camaro the other day----Claustrophobic feeling.....I will NEVER buy one.....Challenger more user-frienly...and I can see outside to the world. GM blew it again..mark my words.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by JAY ROD
Good luck finding a camaro on a dealer lot in Canada.I have been looking every time I drive by a g.m store.All you Americans are getting first dibs.(Yes I am Jealous.haha.)
The camaro is a nicer car than the mustang and the LSX engine is a killer set up compared to the hemi and triton style ford engine.
That is why sales are up for G.M.
In Canada a Mustang gt sells for around the same as Camaro ss and Challenger rt cars so it's a no brainer on what you are going to want to buy.422 hp vs. 315 vs. 375.
Camaro wins.
WE HAVE LOTS OF THEM IN B.C. ......

Quick Reply: Take that rustang fans! Camaro beats Mustang sales in June :)