Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Tired of the Garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of the Garbage!

I decided to rant on here about people who don't know anything about cars to people who do.

First: Im tired of hearing all the people cry about the new Camaro and the recalls. Its a first year car. All first year cars have problems and recalls. Whenever a knew car model comes out you never buy a first year because they ALWAYS have defects. Ford has had plenty with the Exploder, and Expedition a.k.a. money pit, Focus, Fusion, should I keep going? But oh thats right Ford stands for quality?

Second: Mustangs?????? What is there to say about them? Nothing at all. All you can say is that they look good. A mustang is a disgrace to muscle cars. Oh yeah I'll put a 4.6L 315 in my car when GM is putting 5.7L 350's and 6.2L 426's in theirs. Thats why whenever someone like myself or fellow Camaro/Trans Am drivers pull up next to a mustang they don't want to run. But oh yeah if a civic with a v-tec or integra comes rolling up, boy will that mustang try it. Oh thats real impressive. V-8 vs. 4-banger.

Third: Shut up with all the Government Motors crap. The only reason why GM needed a bailout is because people like you continue to buy wusstangs and chargers thinking there fast. There is no better bang for your buck than buying GM. I'd rather pay 37,000 for a Car that can hold its own against a Cobra that 60,000+. Oh and why would I pay 60,000 plus when I can get a Z06 that will blow the doors off it for the same price?

So keep buying your Fords and Dodges and keep getting walked by Chevy's and R.I.P. Pontiacs.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Rican
I decided to rant on here about people who don't know anything about cars to people who do.

First: Im tired of hearing all the people cry about the new Camaro and the recalls. Its a first year car. All first year cars have problems and recalls. Whenever a knew car model comes out you never buy a first year because they ALWAYS have defects. Ford has had plenty with the Exploder, and Expedition a.k.a. money pit, Focus, Fusion, should I keep going? But oh thats right Ford stands for quality?

Second: Mustangs?????? What is there to say about them? Nothing at all. All you can say is that they look good. A mustang is a disgrace to muscle cars. Oh yeah I'll put a 4.6L 315 in my car when GM is putting 5.7L 350's and 6.2L 426's in theirs. Thats why whenever someone like myself or fellow Camaro/Trans Am drivers pull up next to a mustang they don't want to run. But oh yeah if a civic with a v-tec or integra comes rolling up, boy will that mustang try it. Oh thats real impressive. V-8 vs. 4-banger.

Third: Shut up with all the Government Motors crap. The only reason why GM needed a bailout is because people like you continue to buy wusstangs and chargers thinking there fast. There is no better bang for your buck than buying GM. I'd rather pay 37,000 for a Car that can hold its own against a Cobra that 60,000+. Oh and why would I pay 60,000 plus when I can get a Z06 that will blow the doors off it for the same price?

So keep buying your Fords and Dodges and keep getting walked by Chevy's and R.I.P. Pontiacs.
your worse than the people your talking about..

a 4.6l 315.....

you drive a stock car dont you? if so, there are plenty of model mustangs that would embarrass you..

also FWIW, a cobra new and an fbody new were within 3-4k in price difference.. and the cobra would make an fbody look silly.. what was that about best bang for you buck again?

you sound like a close minded ignorant *** hole..
Old 07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Sometimes people have certain preference for the car bought or driven. I have a 99 SS camaro and a 2008 GT 500. The car debate goes on and on. Only time will tell if GM makes it or not. BTW-the GT 500 aint that slow from a roll. Take care.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
your worse than the people your talking about..

a 4.6l 315.....

you drive a stock car dont you? if so, there are plenty of model mustangs that would embarrass you..

also FWIW, a cobra new and an fbody new were within 3-4k in price difference.. and the cobra would make an fbody look silly.. what was that about best bang for you buck again?

you sound like a close minded ignorant *** hole..

Was talking about now. And of course a model mustang would beat a stock camaro. Thats not saying anything. A stock camaro vs. a stock mustang would be not even close. Thats like saying there's a lot of tuners out there that can beat a stock Camaro. Uh yeah but they put 20,000 grand in the car. Anybody can beat anybody with a car tuned up. I'm talking stock vs. stock. That would be ignorant and stupid for me to say a stock camaro could beat anything. And I'm pretty sure I didn't say that hence the 4.6L stock mustang and the 5.7L 350 stock camaro.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Was talking about now. And of course a model mustang would beat a stock camaro. Thats not saying anything. A stock camaro vs. a stock mustang would be not even close. Thats like saying there's a lot of tuners out there that can beat a stock Camaro. Uh yeah but they put 20,000 grand in the car. Anybody can beat anybody with a car tuned up. I'm talking stock vs. stock. That would be ignorant and stupid for me to say a stock camaro could beat anything. And I'm pretty sure I didn't say that hence the 4.6L stock mustang and the 5.7L 350 stock camaro.
a 5.7l 350 huh? how about you learn something.. an ls1 is a 346.. you sound like you know less than most mustang owners..

a stock ls1 and a stock cobra not even close huh?
your right, i agree..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...bra_188372.htm

and the dude in that cobra cant drive for ****..,

it doesnt take anywhere near 20k in an import to beat a stock ls1..

everything you have said is ignorant and stupid..

im pretty sure that is what you said..
Old 07-23-2009, 09:58 PM

You guys take it easy or this will get locked. Everyone has an opinion but if this is a debate then move on. I don't want bickering here!!! Keep it clean.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BADZ
You guys take it easy or this will get locked. Everyone has an opinion but if this is a debate then move on. I don't want bickering here!!! Keep it clean.
doesnt sound like a any mature debates i have ever heard.. sounds morel like an ignorant misinformed close minded kid who doesnt even know what size engine comes in the cars he glorifies.. nor the cars that he thinks arent even worth mentioned..

just my .02..

and why is this in the '10 forum?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Launching!

The original poster has a point.new camaro=426h.p. New mustang = 315 h.p.
The new mustang is also behind in suspension and transmission technologies.e.g 5 spd vs 6 spd and solid axle vs irs.We are talking stock to stock not drag racing here.The mustang is primitive compared to the camaro and Yes it is fun to drive but isn't in the same league as the equally priced Camaro(at least in Canada where I am From).Plus the camaro looks better.
J
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Teching In

First off why are you defending mustangs? I hope you drive one from how offended your getting. Secondly, Uh I wasn't talking about an ls1 beating a cobra. And that TA was spinning tires and had no traction, but that doesn't matter. What i was referring to based on the price tag was the new Camaro at 37,000 msrp vs a gt 500 for 60,000 could hold its own. This is also why I put it in the '10 forum.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Oh and i wasn't referring to the 346 cubic inches for the ls1. I was referring to the 350hp. I know my motor and my car. That is also why I put 4.6l 315hp and 6.2l 426hp
Old 07-23-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wait your blaming us for making GM go bankrupt? I'm not the one that forced them to make crappy cars for the past 30 years, I'm not the one that forced them to make an obscene amount of SUV's and trucks with no forward thinking to hybrids and fuel economy.

Do you even own a 4th gen camaro? Your telling me that thoes cars were top of the line? Lets start the list, crappy rearend, crappy tremec( not Borg Warner) tranny, crappy auto tranny, crappy stearing, crappy brakes, crappy suspension, crappy P.S. pump, crappy interior pannels and fitment, hell crappy exterior pannels and fitment. The only thing really good from the factory was the ls1.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JAY ROD
The original poster has a point.new camaro=426h.p. New mustang = 315 h.p.
The new mustang is also behind in suspension and transmission technologies.e.g 5 spd vs 6 spd and solid axle vs irs.We are talking stock to stock not drag racing here.The mustang is primitive compared to the camaro and Yes it is fun to drive but isn't in the same league as the equally priced Camaro(at least in Canada where I am From).Plus the camaro looks better.
J
the mustang has its ups and downs just like the camaro.. is it as fast? no, but it can certainly hold its own. and not everyone thinks straight line performance.. what is it like .001% of buyers buy a car becvause of that..

First off why are you defending mustangs? I hope you drive one from how offended your getting. Secondly, Uh I wasn't talking about an ls1 beating a cobra. And that TA was spinning tires and had no traction, but that doesn't matter. What i was referring to based on the price tag was the new Camaro at 37,000 msrp vs a gt 500 for 60,000 could hold its own. This is also why I put it in the '10 forum.
im not defending them, im pointing things out that you are very ignorant and close minded about..
the cobra was pulling hard up top.. doesnt matter if the TA had radials on it still would have lost.. stock cobra and stock ls1, its embarrassing..

why compare a base model v8 camaro to a highly optioned top of the line gt500? the gt500 would easily beat the camaro granted traction, look at trap speeds..
as for that... like i have said the cobra would make any stock 4/5th gen look slow.. and its for the same price with a MUCH better build quality.

Oh and i wasn't referring to the 346 cubic inches for the ls1. I was referring to the 350hp. I know my motor and my car. That is also why I put 4.6l 315hp and 6.2l 426hp
make your posts a bit more clear..

also FWIW.. i know plenty of mustangs that would make you look silly, especially after all this trash talking..
Old 07-23-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah...

Quick Reply: Tired of the Garbage!