Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc, is trying to extort me

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loud Pedal
I am not familiar with 'timing' on bushings, but we are an authorized and trained Pedders dealer and have done many successful installs. We also have brand new and top of the line Hunter alignment equipment to make sure everything is dead nuts. Give Mike a call at 480.598.5683 and talk to him about your setup.

Thx,
Dave

this is what JusticePete, whom has refered me to your shop said about this procedure:

The most important step in lowering a Camaro is to time the bushes to the new ride height. The rubber bushes in your suspension do not rotate in the control arms. They twist when the suspension articulates up and down. This twist of the rubber is just like having stronger springs. They are set to the OE ride height. While your car is in the air getting new lowering coils or coilovers your technician should loosen all the rotational bolts in the control arms. When the car is set back on the ground he should drive it SLOWLY around the shop parking lot. This times all the bushes. Next they pull the car up on the steel rails of the alignment rack. With the weight of the car on the wheels the technician will tighten up the bolts he made loose. Now the bushes are timed exerting equal force on both the bound and rebound, down and up strokes making the spring rate equal and the RIDE QUALITY correct for the coils of coilovers you installed.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

This Preston guy sounds like a real moron

I would have put his 2008 Z06 and scattered his parts outside a long time ago.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LittleMT
this is what JusticePete, whom has refered me to your shop said about this procedure:
I'm pretty sure we usually replace those bushings with poly on the coil overs we have done, but I will ask our Pedders expert to post up tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP...your a jackass...just saying

this would be the shortest court battle in history, and im about 100% sure lpm is not at fault

way to be a douche

LPM, keep doing a damn good job

and OP

Your story is
Old 10-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Teching In

I just came across this post from over a year ago that corroberates our accounting of this mess.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt of ordered **** to finish his car after about 3 months I would said come get your blown up pile of crap.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Both stories seemed "padded", but here's how I see it. OP admitted to the fact right at the beginning that he didn't like the initial storage fees or whatever. It was at that point when the bill was clear that you should have canceled any further business with this shop. By you not doing so indicates they had not done anything too terribly wrong. Then you chose to bring another car to them at the same time? You continued to string them along with the Vette but just wont admit it. I gotta say that the LPM story sounds more legit.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I don't know of anyone who would leave their car at shop when he knew the deal wasn't going as smooth. OP doesn't sound legit with his story. LPM however shouldn't have ordered parts to complete a job that a customer didn't authorize.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Loud Pedal treated us like royalty! We drove in, forgot our wheel lock key, no problem for Loud Pedal.... They drove us to a local shopping mall where we had a blast, finished our car in a few hrs, charged a very decent price.. gave us a tour of the shop, very impressive! They are very professional..

Loud Pedal FTW!!!! Thanks boys, Chantilly now has that much needed rake..

Loud Pedal is a JEWEL found in the Desert in The Valley of the Sun..
They also have some tremendous shop cars, give them a visit....

Quick Reply: Please help me. Loud Pedal Motorsports, Inc, is trying to extort me