Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

No oil Pressure after Cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No oil Pressure after Cam swap

Its the LS3 engine. So I know the reason why I have no oil pressure, I pulled the timing cover and sure enough i pinched the o-ring on the pick up tube. I had the car on twice for about 10-15 seconds each time after the cam swap with no oil pressure. I had lubed the lifters/cam/valvetrain with oil before installing them. Question is did I hurt anything? Also with fixing the o-ring issue can i just start it up? Should I pull everything out and put oil on the parts? Car will have sat a week before I can start it up again. I'm worried I will ruin something now.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue and it hurt nothing. I never had 0 oil pressure but I did have 10-12. I just put a new o-ring in and finished it back up and moved on. Prime the engine and you should be fine in my opinion
Old 03-27-2020, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this happen only the first time you cranked her after the cam swap or every time? After changing out the top-end of the motor, remember that the oil has to pump back up to the top of the motor so you will hear a little racket and experience MOMENTARY low oil pressure. If it persists you may have a real problem though. Hopefully some more experienced memebers will chime in on this. If you need mobile phone repair shop in delhi.

Quick Reply: No oil Pressure after Cam swap