Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Brake Questions - Rotors/Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Questions - Rotors/Pads

Recently got a 2013 Camaro 1LE, has a nice build to it. Got it primarily for another fun car, and to use as my track car. I just had a track day at Road America, it was a blast and very well behaved on the track. After some hot laps the brakes were the first weakness I noticed. Looking to upgrade the rotors/pads and curious was you all are using.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

First, update the brake fluid — dot4. I personally use Castrol SRF...

i have the full on zl1 front and rears. I rebuilt the fronts to use the vette vented caliper pistons. I track mine 6-8 times a year and the factory zl1s work great. The other option is to upgrade the fronts and use the vette 6 pot brembos that already have the vented pistons. Will need zl1 rotors either way. I use the factory zl1 pads. 747 RWHP/794 RWTQ.

you have a great track car for sure.

-Don

Old 06-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hammdo
First, update the brake fluid — dot4. I personally use Castrol SRF...

i have the full on zl1 front and rears. I rebuilt the fronts to use the vette vented caliper pistons. I track mine 6-8 times a year and the factory zl1s work great. The other option is to upgrade the fronts and use the vette 6 pot brembos that already have the vented pistons. Will need zl1 rotors either way. I use the factory zl1 pads. 747 RWHP/794 RWTQ.

you have a great track car for sure.

-Don

Thank you for the input!!! I’ll look into that for sure. I asked about oil in anothe post but had no luck with a response. I recently switched my Trans Am and Viper over to Mobile 1 0W-40. Was thinking of switching the 1LE over to this as well. Thoughts/input?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

I currently use Driven’s DT40 since I’m boosted. Mobil 1 turbo diesel 5w40 is another option. My Blackstone reports are excellent with DT40.

Mobile 1 Turbo diesel:
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/m...o-diesel-truck

but, like I said, I’m boosted so these are the ones I’d use...

-Don
Old 09-02-2018, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I like Hawk pads because they swap between street and track pads without bedding. Been running dtc30 but they burn up quick, have some dtc60 going on next track visit but the 30s stop great and don't fade up to 30 min hpde sessions (with brake ducts and fresh fluid)

I've heard other brands can swap the same manner but no experience with them