Brake Questions - Rotors/Pads - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Brake Questions - Rotors/Pads

Old 06-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Default Brake Questions - Rotors/Pads

Recently got a 2013 Camaro 1LE, has a nice build to it. Got it primarily for another fun car, and to use as my track car. I just had a track day at Road America, it was a blast and very well behaved on the track. After some hot laps the brakes were the first weakness I noticed. Looking to upgrade the rotors/pads and curious was you all are using.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 AM
Teching In

First, update the brake fluid — dot4. I personally use Castrol SRF...

i have the full on zl1 front and rears. I rebuilt the fronts to use the vette vented caliper pistons. I track mine 6-8 times a year and the factory zl1s work great. The other option is to upgrade the fronts and use the vette 6 pot brembos that already have the vented pistons. Will need zl1 rotors either way. I use the factory zl1 pads. 747 RWHP/794 RWTQ.

you have a great track car for sure.

-Don

Old 06-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
First, update the brake fluid — dot4. I personally use Castrol SRF...

i have the full on zl1 front and rears. I rebuilt the fronts to use the vette vented caliper pistons. I track mine 6-8 times a year and the factory zl1s work great. The other option is to upgrade the fronts and use the vette 6 pot brembos that already have the vented pistons. Will need zl1 rotors either way. I use the factory zl1 pads. 747 RWHP/794 RWTQ.

you have a great track car for sure.

-Don

Thank you for the input!!! I’ll look into that for sure. I asked about oil in anothe post but had no luck with a response. I recently switched my Trans Am and Viper over to Mobile 1 0W-40. Was thinking of switching the 1LE over to this as well. Thoughts/input?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Teching In

I currently use Driven’s DT40 since I’m boosted. Mobil 1 turbo diesel 5w40 is another option. My Blackstone reports are excellent with DT40.

Mobile 1 Turbo diesel:
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/m...o-diesel-truck

but, like I said, I’m boosted so these are the ones I’d use...

-Don

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: