Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

5th Gen Camaro picture - and feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Mid
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, its ok. I would really wish GM would make it like this picture, it has awesome taillights:
Attached Thumbnails 5th Gen Camaro picture - and feedback-1a46dd20.jpg  
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

I wonder if the exhaust is actually like a port through the bumper....not necessarily the actual exhaust outlet. If so...that could be pretty neat as you could have whatever outlet you wanted poking through.

The rear of the car has a definite C6 look to it. I wonder if the mockup was built on a C6 chassis?

I'm looking forward to an IRS because when encountering bumps mid-corner.....things are kind of scary with a solid axle.

I wonder if T-tops will be drop and replaced by a glass/solid panel top like the Corvette.

The wheels are awesome! The interior looks great as well!

Overall, excellent execution and I can't wait to see the concept in January.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mid117
Hmm, its ok. I would really wish GM would make it like this picture, it has awesome taillights:
the assend of that car does look better.

it doesnt look like a huge bulge. the "09" reminds me of something off of a corvette or something... A big flat nothing.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Overall I think its a winner. I'll be inline to get one in 09

I love the more subtle retro cues, and it is very distinctly a Camaro very aggressive looking. awesome that it has duals. you can also see the T56, but I think that was the obvious choice. any LSX based engine and I'll be happy. a 3" cowl hood is going to look KILLER on there!

IRS or a solid axle, I don't care. I'm not going to turn it into a drag car I'd like to have something that handles great and has 500hp this time around. I've already got a drag car
Old 12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Default Wow

Thats all I have to say, maybe put the T.B. SS 9 1/2" rear end it in. The mirrors are gonna have to change. I like the passenger side front. Hopefully the f-body will take back S.O.M. instead of giving it to every flippin car in the GM line up. Looks spectacular, lets rush the production like we are doing on the 2007 Tahoe. Have it on the showroom floors Jan 2007! Give me something to sell!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

This is one of the few Camaro concepts that I have considered worth buying. I like the lines. The lines flow with the body without standing out obnoxiously or distracting from the overall shape.

It has an aggressive stance which I like. The wheel wells have a flat lip like a C6 and if they do a lip like the C6 Z06 allowing wider tires for the SS that would be sweet.

I was a bit concerned with the rear going up high from the side view but the rear view looks good. The front however... I feel the hood line does not fit too comfortably. Maybe because it is flat and seems to lay on the grill? The hood line on the front is the only thing I am not sure about.

Conclusion: If the Camaro were on sale today and it had this design with 350 cubes and 375+ HP and priced under $30k, I would be in a Dealership this weekend looking to buy. And, that is what it is about right? Getting people in to buy.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i love the rear exept for the squash trunk look maibe round it out just a little bit more but other than that it looks good. I love how they made it sleek yet muscular lookign at the same time. Its like they took the sleekness from the 4th gen camaro, and combined it with the muscular look of the 4th gen t/a, and bam kicked it up a notch.

edit:: o and deff no less than 400 ponies on the top model

Last edited by zamboxl; 12-08-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

I like
-the cowl hood
-the profile of the car (especially over the back window)
-the true dual exhaust
-the width of the tires
-the awesome stance
-the console

I would change
-the mirrors of course
-the scalloped door to the rear tire
-the wheels. Too big. Not every car needs 20"+ wheels
-the taillights to one piece lights similar to the 67 model
-the decklid. Take the dip out of the middle and leave it straight. Make it where the rear panel has a lip in order to paint flat black for the SS models.
-the tailpipes.
-the differential to a solid axle.

I like the car and if it were at a dealership tomorrow, I'd go get one. Just please make it easier to work on under the hood and don't let it lose any of the performance to the 4th gen Fbody. The 4th gen was such an efficient platform. Even an LS2 GTO with almost 100 more hp struggles to keep up with the 4th gen. Just imagine if the 4th gen was still being produced in 05 with an LS2. It would easily be a mid 12 sec car.

One last thing. 2009 is too far away. Let's put this car in the showroom in 08 at the latest. I can't wait now that I've seen this car I'll be glad to come work with GM to help get it done faster.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like the driver side front look with the passeger side little light at the bottom, i like how the air dam or what ever kinda dips down alittle.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Look closse at the car you can see there are two cars, the area the picture was taken at is very familar to concept cars 40years ago. The drivers side and passanger side are two different cars. Personally i prefer the passanger side deck lid and driverside front fascia. The roof line is definitely 60's vintage both roof lines look great that wouldn't matter to me. The tail lights should change though they don't do much for it at all. And the vent should be moved back to the front fender.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

They definitely went too retro. The back is ugly and the front and sides look too much like the mustang. Why couldn't they just improve on the previous model (a la corvette) instead of giving up and going back to the past? If this is anything like the production model will look my next car will either be a Challenger or Corvette. Too bad, I was really looking forward to the revival of the Camaro.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

this might give you guys a better Idea of what the car would like without the dumb water mark

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...SnowmanJPG.jpg
Old 12-08-2005, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Hey Scott,

Do me a favor and black out the roof and side glass. Let's see what a 'vert might look like......
Old 12-08-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The concept looks good, not sure on the tail lights though. The look from the front I really like. The mirrors I am still undecided on. I think what is actually of more concern to most of us is room under the hood to get to things, making the engine bay not look so dam cluttered, rood to put a turbo/super charger, big wheels are nice but can we get taller ones in there w/out the BFG mod, interior fit and finish of the GTO and price the dam thing like you want to sell it. And for Gods sake keep it simple and clean looking. Anything less than 375-400rwhp will not make the grade. This is the everyday mans hot rod. I would hate to see this thing come out and fall short. By the 09 release there will be many used late model C5 and early C6's out there that will be right in the same price range. I like to buy new but if the 5th gen does not out at a minimum match the C5 performance I am not sure it will sell well.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottyballs
this might give you guys a better Idea of what the car would like without the dumb water mark

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...SnowmanJPG.jpg
Now I am greeddy, factory skinnies up front?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Junkie

I love it, alot better then the Challenger or the GT500!! Challenger looks like its gonna be big just like it was in the 70's, this new Camaro looks about the size of the mustang which a pony car should be, I cant wait to see what the interior looks like, that car's gonna be sick once somebody sticks a Roots Supercharger through the hood, I just hope GM has an aftermarket following ready like Ford did when they released the mustang, I think it would help sell it alot, plus i hope its as cheap or cheaper then the stang.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

I think i speak for everyone when i say Let it have a 500HP Engine with Strong Diffirential and i belive america will have atleast 2 parked outside every home
Old 12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
They definitely went too retro. The back is ugly and the front and sides look too much like the mustang. Why couldn't they just improve on the previous model (a la corvette) instead of giving up and going back to the past? If this is anything like the production model will look my next car will either be a Challenger or Corvette. Too bad, I was really looking forward to the revival of the Camaro.
I agree 100%, retro is getting beat to death. By the time they build it retro will probly be out of style again anyway LOL.

I want modern looking muscle.

Is there no originality left anywhere?

The front end looks too much like a Caddy.

On the other hand I also like the look of the Challenger.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
I think i speak for everyone when i say Let it have a 500HP Engine with Strong Diffirential and i belive america will have atleast 2 parked outside every home
I know my Dad has been considering getting a GT500, but I bet after this Camaro comes out he'll be buying this instead I'm gonna start saving now for myself one
Old 12-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Teching In

I don't like the rearend and the side mirrors. The mirrors doesn't look like it flows with the car. The exhaust on the rearend is up to high. The need to lower the rear bumper and it would look a lot better. I really don't like the tail lights. Other than that I would buy it.

Quick Reply: 5th Gen Camaro picture - and feedback