Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion
View Poll Results: How should the engine be placed?
Make the engine performance friendly, push the engine back and down!!!
75.00%
Mod friendly at all costs, performance be damned!!!
25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Maro engine mounting and balance, what should GM do...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maro engine mounting and balance, what should GM do...

Y'all,

If you have a gander at the new camaro's engine you will notice that it sits rather far out in the engine bay. Now what I wanted to see here was do you think the new camaro should have its engine pushed back a bit and perhaps even lower to make the vehicle handle better...aka balance it out. Now I know that there will be certain ppl that ask why would you want to make a new camaro balanced like errr....a sports car...Well, a new car should be an improvement and that is reason enough. This thread is about making the camaro handle better, while still being mod friendly. For we do realize that it is an issue to change spark plugs and the like on the 4th Gen camaro...aka maintenance can be a bitch. However, is this maintenance friendly position performance friendly, suggestions?

W

P.S. feel free to chime in about performance/balance enhancing for the new camaro...bracing, brakes, IRS, wheels, suspension, battery location, et al you would like to see to make the camaro a better handler.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...28218008WmYzBo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autoexp...ada/158480325/
Old 06-28-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree to a point.

The concept's arrangement for everything is for "LOOK AT ME!", not function.

I would suspect a production version would have a similar engine bay setup as a GTO or CTS. Pushed back enough for some weight balance, yet available to the hands and eyes enough to be mod friendly.

I can't really vote in this poll, as my opinion lies somewhere in between the two choices.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure I will be told I drink the blood of new born puppies for stating this...but I really wish they would mount an LS7 like they did in the 4th Gens. Balance makes the world go around.

W