Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

What Technology Do You Want To See In The 2009 Camaro??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I think the other thing I wanna see is HUD. That would rock.

Yeah, they will have something... they call this technology a "hard top". There's been a lot of hinting from insiders that this Camaro won't have t-tops available as an option.
I hope it isn't a hardtop, cause then its basically a convertible, right? I was thinking something like the t-tops slide back to give you the t-top look, but it would be automatic without having to jump in and out of your car. Idk if they could do that.

AC, power everything and airbags will be standard. I don't think OnStar will be, but XM might (i dont care, I never use radio). I would like a disc changer again, maybe not in the trunk, but a disc changer would be good. iPod hook up i think wil be standard. I just want NAV, cause it's really usefull, espeically when your car is an everyday driver like mine. In there you could see all the gauges and eveything you want to know bout the car would show on screen. Also a "voice" activation thing, like "AC on", the ac turns on. I guess I want it to be a muscle car, with the options of a luxury car. I doubt I will get best of both worlds, would be nice though. Those options will also be like, an extra $7,500 lol
Old 08-23-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It needs to have all the options that the C5 Z06 had like hud, temp, track control ect... Those are mostly sensors and additional computing power so not much extra weight. I doubt it will get T-tops. Stereo is cool but you can get aftermarket pieces way cheaper than what GM will charge for it. Optional gearing would be nice. OnStar will be in it as most of the GM products has that as part of the options. Remote start or some kind of a/c activation when it gets hot as hell in the car while sitting in the sun. Could put some solar cell technology in that turns on and power the ac. It gets dam hot in Fl and it is nice to come out to a cool car.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the other thing I wanna see is HUD. That would rock.

Yeah, they will have something... they call this technology a "hard top". There's been a lot of hinting from insiders that this Camaro won't have t-tops available as an option.
I know at least some GM big dogs that want a convertible version. It would be sweet if it was a hard top 'vert!!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

NAV and HUD!!!

W
Old 08-24-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
am i the only one that would like to see a 400hp hybrid V8?
you would like a hybrid in your maple red metallic firebird.

yeah give me 800 lbs in batteries as well as enough wires/computers to run nasa's space program, all in my camaro.

thatd be THUPER! THANKTH FOR ATHKING!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WECIV
NAV and HUD!!!

W
i agree with the HUD, f the nav system, they are so gay. race cars dont need nav systems.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say make the car simple... if you want tons of options and a more luxurious feel buy a GTO. No sense in making a sports car with a million options and making it fat. I'm sure the car will be built very well and won't have as many problems as us F-body owners have had. My .02
Old 08-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
you would like a hybrid in your maple red metallic firebird.

yeah give me 800 lbs in batteries as well as enough wires/computers to run nasa's space program, all in my camaro.

thatd be THUPER! THANKTH FOR ATHKING!
i don't see what the color of my car has to do with being gay? maybe i missed something? spoken from the guy with the purple car, please

if it puts out the same amount of power, who gives a ****? you'll see the same performance and what, 40mpg? yea, no one would ever want that. please.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:06 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LTSpeed
I know at least some GM big dogs that want a convertible version. It would be sweet if it was a hard top 'vert!!
There's gonna be a vert, and a hardtop. At the F-body Gathering this year the big question Settlemire and others from GM were asking was "Is it a problem if we don't have t-tops on the car?" We were told that t-tops probably weren't going to be available on this car.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i don't see what the color of my car has to do with being gay? maybe i missed something? spoken from the guy with the purple car, please
Um... I'm the guy with the purple cars. There something wrong with that?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um... I'm the guy with the purple cars. There something wrong with that?
no, not at all IMO. he seems to think so, though. this is the 2nd time in 3 days he's made fun of the color of my car when his car is even more purple in the right light.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

There's gonna be a vert, and a hardtop. At the F-body Gathering this year the big question Settlemire and others from GM were asking was "Is it a problem if we don't have t-tops on the car?" We were told that t-tops probably weren't going to be available on this car.
That really sucks, and present a problem to atleast myself. I absolutely despise the look of convertible f-bodies, mainly because of the appearance when the top is up...but i also like being out in the open and the wind blowing in my face, T-Tops is the perfect fit, and they aren't even going to have them? blah. I really dislike the new camaro, and this is just adding to the list. GM is disappointing me.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
i agree with the HUD, f the nav system, they are so gay. race cars dont need nav systems.
I say F all of these features, that's what pisses me off about the new charger srt-8, It looks like a mercedes on the inside. I personally don't want a muscle car to have all of this ****. Just another distraction when going from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. Who needs that?

Tacoboy - saying zach's car looks more purple than yours is ridicoulas. It looks NBM from the pictures. And as far as the hybrid goes...? no........GM needs to remember this phrase of wisdom....KISS = keep it simple stupid. Doing **** like that IMO would ruin the reign of "muscle cars" more than it already has been with the ricer era. 400 RWHP cars on batteries? This is the worst idea i've ever heard. Even worse than when your mom and dad decided to reproduce. J/K

Last edited by 99camarosupersport; 08-25-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hud would be cool! Bollocks to everything else, it just adds unnecessary weight!
The cars about attitude,noise,roasting tires & going fast! It's a muscle car not a sales reps car!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and that is why the camaro took a dump along with the firebird. Todays cars have to market to EVERYONE, not just the people who want to go fast. True, you should not buy a Camaro if you want a slow car, but I think the interiors on our current F-bodys looked like ****. The interior matters as much as the exterior. Whats wrong with having a luxury looking interior? Who wants a shitty looking interior? No one goes:

"Wow, exterior is really cool. Wow, thats a fast car. Oh man, your interior looks like something rubbermaid came out with, how ugly. I'll take it."

These cars are daily drivers, people want comfortability that comes with an everyday driver: HUD, NAV, Heated Seats, all that stuff. Like I have said, all that stuff should be an option. If you want a steering wheel and a gas pedal, go for it. But the majority of people are going to want a car that looks and feels next generation. That starts at the area you spend most of your time: the drivers seat
Old 08-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Launching!

i hope they make everything an option to satisfy everyone's needs and to appeal to a more variaty of customers "although i don't like this idea"... but for my personal taste i would like a stripper car.. i always hated technology specially in cars.. they make them unreliable.. there was nothing like the old 350ci carburator engine.. plan simple and reliable..
Old 08-26-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

today's technology in cars, especially nav systems are reliable.. not only that, DOD technology is already proven to work reliably. what's not reliable about new technology? what is reliable about having to tune your carb every time the weather patterns change? i think alot of you guys arent realizing that nobody will buy our beloved camaro if it doesnt offer **** like that. everyone else is making cars with screens and cool *** **** that non car enthusiasts like, so why would chevy make a car that doesnt have all of that cool *** ****? it wont sell if it doesnt have that stuff. sure, chevy could make a car w/ 500hp, weigh 3000lbs, and run the 1/4 in less than 12 seconds, but it wont have airbags, emmissions equipment, etc, and it certainly wont be comfortable to drive!
/rant

now for me, i'm getting as close to a stripper car as possible with the highest output engine they offer lol.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikeair042
and that is why the camaro took a dump along with the firebird. Todays cars have to market to EVERYONE, not just the people who want to go fast. True, you should not buy a Camaro if you want a slow car, but I think the interiors on our current F-bodys looked like ****. The interior matters as much as the exterior. Whats wrong with having a luxury looking interior? Who wants a shitty looking interior? No one goes:

"Wow, exterior is really cool. Wow, thats a fast car. Oh man, your interior looks like something rubbermaid came out with, how ugly. I'll take it."

These cars are daily drivers, people want comfortability that comes with an everyday driver: HUD, NAV, Heated Seats, all that stuff. Like I have said, all that stuff should be an option. If you want a steering wheel and a gas pedal, go for it. But the majority of people are going to want a car that looks and feels next generation. That starts at the area you spend most of your time: the drivers seat
I'm not saying i want a shitty interior! i'd like heated seats,hud,decent sterio,a/c,cruise control,leather seats! just make sure a lot of the stuff is optional.
Evo's & impressa's aren't loaded to the hilt but they still sell loads of them & you don't even get a leather interior even as an option
Old 08-26-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

no safety crap.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JCS30TH
no safety crap.
safety crap is mandatory

Quick Reply: What Technology Do You Want To See In The 2009 Camaro??