Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

09' Saleen Camaro!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jds99camaross
Chevy and Ford Uniting?? wtf is next the end of the world. Rivals from the beginning.

who said chevy and ford are uniting? This is Saleen, just b/c he's done the mustangs for a long time doesnt mean he can't expand his customers....i mean, he did help with the Camaro in the transformers movie...who's to say he's not trying to make more $$ for himsefl by making packages for chevy owners too...like prebiously stated, SLP turned mustang towards the end of the f-bod run..

as for the merging....rumors.. and i'll believe it when i see it.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't like the retro theme.. They need to move foward from the 4th gen ..
Old 10-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Launching!

**** **** ****. i was hopin for a 427 but, this doesnt sound like a slouch of a motor at all. its a little surpising to see that saleen might be doing camaros, this should be interesting. im just glad the word finally got out about the motor. hell, a bolt on camaro is gonna be stupid fast. after a few mods, we're gonna have ferraris and lambos in our rearview mirrors and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally I don't think Saleen will sell a lot of Saleen Camaros to Camaro enthusiasts. It'll be Saleen Mustang converts finally realizing that GM is at the top of the performance game. He did mention that the premium V8 will be 450 HP, which still doesn't do away with the 500 HP of the Cobra. Hopefully GM will have some kind of trick up their sleeve with a supercharger option or something.

Saleen will get a piece of the action, but it won't be from a lot of F-body guys.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow...Some people don't get that Hennessy, Lingenfelter, do work on cars OTHER than GM, or Dodge...A Saleen would be nuts.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Launching!

It looks likes this is happening. A friend of mine works at ford and he heard that ford is all upset about this and threatened to cancel their contract with saleen. I don't think ford is any position to do so, but it would be very nice to see the camaro get attention from tuners. I am not a fan of tuners, but the more camaros on the street the better
Old 11-06-2006, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

I still hope it doesn't weigh close to 4000 like the challenger but that would be awsome news if it was indeed 450hp, 50hp more than originally expected!
Old 11-06-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a true GM enthusist and I will buy a Saleen Camaro.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Should be a good looking camaro.. Steve Saleen has a good eye for cars...
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Launching!

[/QUOTE]Our base model should have around 485 horsepower, and expect our Extreme Supercharged Camaro to have over 600 horsepower[QUOTE]

Who cares if it's Saleen, Lingenfelter or Hennessey, a 600hp Camaro off the lot sounds pretty damn good to me! Unfortunately it will probably cost $60K.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Nooooo! GM dont let saleen ruin the camaro they ll make it look all ricer looking. The camaro is suppose to look clean and tuff. Not all fast and the furious style! I had a saleen it was the biggest piece of crap! The spoiler came unglued from the car twice, two rims were defective, stripes started pealing off, shifter **** came off after the first week with the car and i purchased it new. All so that in the end they can tell me that they werent going to cover anything else because it was my fault for driving the car too fast! What the f*** i thought it was a sports car i told them. Biggest piece of s*** ever! And the wait for parts was crazy because ford wouldnt have an answer for me they always said its made by saleen you have to get in touch with them!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

I think GM should allow Lingenfelter to modify a limited amount production cars to sell at dealerships. The name Lingenfelter to me is iconic with gm supercars. Just hearing it I immediatly think of the vette. I dont think GM and Saleen mix at all.Personally most people are gonna think GM is just trying anything possible to 'look at me' and thats all right too, but dont use a name that everyone associates with Ford's pony car. Why not just buy the rights to the SVT name since ford canned it, retards. But in the same sense they got to think outside the box to bring appeal to there cars, since GM thinks employing guys with the the eye sight equavilent to Ray Charles is a great idea to put together a car to catch attention(ie. CETA).

Just think a simple cam, exhaust, free flow intake, tune, different spoiler, wheel pkg, and a Lingenfelter badge and BAM instant curb appeal with maybe a cost of $5000-10,000 more over the average Z28, you would have none sit in dealer showrooms because like the Shelby mustang people would go nuts for it. Greatest idea ever. EVAR!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thelostartof
saleen makes a lot of body kits and what not. they just happen to be one of the better selling items being lots of people want the look not the power(same reason most get base model v6 cars because they just want teh looks not the power)
yes saleen makes body kits for the vehicles they sell, but their kits are almost always very clean and subtle and seem to match the cars very well.

Originally Posted by jds99camaross
Chevy and Ford Uniting?? wtf is next the end of the world. Rivals from the beginning.
steve saleen is a completely separate entity from ford...

Originally Posted by Convinced
I just don't like the retro theme.. They need to move foward from the 4th gen ..
holy **** batman...ive finally found someone that agrees with me. it seems like everyone ive ever seen comment on the new camaro absolutely loves it. i HATE the new "retro" designs. yeah, ford pulled it off nicely, but they were the first to do it and it was an original idea to go back to the "roots" of the car to do a complete redesign; and now dodge has done it with the challenger. granted it looks good but, why go retro? maybe because the chatger came out looking like ***? oh well...as long as they leave the firebird alone ill be happy...not that i dont want to see a new one, but i dont want to see it murdicated like the new camaro design...

Originally Posted by FH212
I am a true GM enthusist and I will buy a Saleen Camaro.
agreed!!!...

I think GM should allow Lingenfelter to modify a limited amount production cars to sell at dealerships. The name Lingenfelter to me is iconic with gm supercars. Just hearing it I immediatly think of the vette. I dont think GM and Saleen mix at all.Personally most people are gonna think GM is just trying anything possible to 'look at me' and thats all right too, but dont use a name that everyone associates with Ford's pony car. Why not just buy the rights to the SVT name since ford canned it, retards. But in the same sense they got to think outside the box to bring appeal to there cars, since GM thinks employing guys with the the eye sight equavilent to Ray Charles is a great idea to put together a car to catch attention(ie. CETA).

Just think a simple cam, exhaust, free flow intake, tune, different spoiler, wheel pkg, and a Lingenfelter badge and BAM instant curb appeal with maybe a cost of $5000-10,000 more over the average Z28, you would have none sit in dealer showrooms because like the Shelby mustang people would go nuts for it. Greatest idea ever. EVAR!
i also think it would be a good idea for gm to allow some tuners to do limited production runs on the camaros i.e. lingenfelter, dick harrell, hennesey (more likely a vette but why not a new camaro...)...but why not saleen?

wow, gm employing guys with the eye sight of ray charles (ie. CETA)? the CETA T/A's were sooooooooooooooooooooo much better looking than any of the camaro concepts ive seen. yeah, they didnt really throw back to what people really think of when they think of trans ams, but they did a tasteful job on it. and theyre a fairly limited production.

and you would really pay $5,000+ for a couple of bolt ons and a name? holy ****...

im going back to my hole now...