Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro in Rap Video (link inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
Rock and Metal that's talent...Rap, your using someone elses music....Oh wait that's called Sampling...My bad.

Nice to see the Camaro getting some publicity.....I agree with the rest, turned the music off and watched the vid......
Everybody samples.

But I bet if it was a different kind of music (rock, country) then it would be more accepted which is some bullshit. What most people hear is the commercial stuff. There are plenty of rap songs that have a actual message but I guess people are to quick to judge what they see on t.v. or hear on the radio.

But back to the Camaro because thats what we are here for. I started saving for one when they said a new one was rumored. I can't wait to get my hands and two feet on one! M6 all the way!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

They should have put it in some spanish hip video. I would love to see the reactions to that.

At least it is making an appearance, but I still wont buy one.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that song sucked. That's comin from someone who loves rap, but i got to give him props for reppin the camaro.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also thought the song sucked and I also like rap.
also I think that all the chevys in the video kinda looked out of place too me. It was oviously a chevy promo. They didn't even try to make it look like it wasn't a promo. I still can't believe that the camaro was in the video though.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

the first gen had nice wheels.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by s1ck s0n
the irony here is that rap sucks and most of those guys are no talent ignorant *** clowns. have you ever heard them live when they dont lip sync? they sound horrible. a coupe of them have talent, but for the most part they suck.

D/L freestyles by the game, lil wayne, jay z, young jeezy, ect.. and tell me they have no talent. You may not like their talent, but i think freestyling with absolutely no lyrics prepared just a beat is pretty impressive. The game has a song called 300 bars where he raps non stop for 15 minutes. I think some of the older people here are ignorant. Just because it doesn't appeal to you does not give any one the right to say that another person has no talent. You just don't expose yourself to the talent they have. Real rap is not whats on the radio. Sorry for the rant but i just had to state how i feel about that statement.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

cam you kno i feel the same way...I dont dig all the rap on the radio, alot of it is underground unrelesed ****. thats the stuff i like. because its more real and spontanious.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangefun
the first gen had nice wheels.
agreed
Old 12-30-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

das hot yo!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

******' rap videos nowadays need subtitles...
Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Resident

Default wow

You old-farts don't know good music. Bet you if it had been in a damn country video you corn spitters would have been whistling dicks.
yeah wow...

the irony here is that rap sucks and most of those guys are no talent ignorant *** clowns. have you ever heard them live when they dont lip sync? they sound horrible. a coupe of them have talent, but for the most part they suck.
I hear elton john sings live concerts exclusively, maybe you should check him out...

Repost

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622356

And as far as "dubs" hehe... Camaro concept has 21 & 22 inch wheels.
Thank You +1, and I can't count how many vettes I see with 20's on the back and 19's on the front, hell there is one for sale with 20/22's...there are even people with 20's on f-body's on this site...While I agree that it is no necessarily my taste people please be respectful...like the original post was...

D/L freestyles by the game, lil wayne, jay z, young jeezy, ect.. and tell me they have no talent. You may not like their talent, but i think freestyling with absolutely no lyrics prepared just a beat is pretty impressive. The game has a song called 300 bars where he raps non stop for 15 minutes. I think some of the older people here are ignorant. Just because it doesn't appeal to you does not give any one the right to say that another person has no talent. You just don't expose yourself to the talent they have. Real rap is not whats on the radio. Sorry for the rant but i just had to state how i feel about that statement.
+1

And the camaro looked good with those rims...
Old 01-02-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 85firebird
i love how almost all the rap videos have just chevys in them and mostly camaros
i remember seeing chevy's in rap videos since the early 90's way back since EZ-E, in his six-fo impala, and cube always has old school impalas and also snoop, even pac had lt1 impalas in his videos, and i even a saw 69 camaro and a 70 camaro, chevelles, the list goes on...
if the rappers had no talent, they would not have million dollar incomes
and contracts, i will take being a no talent clown rapper, with a million bucks in my pocket, rather than the machinist i am now
Old 01-02-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
******' rap videos nowadays need subtitles...

Shame they didn't focus a little more on it.

The only thing I like with rap vids are the girls.

Last edited by Intimidator SS; 01-04-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

+1 for the video girls!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lythropus
+1 for the video girls!
Too bad we dont really see them in real life like they show in rap videos... Most of the black chicks I see are fugly. But their are some that would make me say "I'd hit that!".
Old 01-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Teching In

eh, im not a big fan of rap to begin with, but the cars were nice, it had the basics for a rap video too, women with 92% of clothes off, a car with hydrolics, big big chains on the rappers, the word platnium was used, and the cars in the video the rappers probably couldnt drive to begin with..
Old 01-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Launching!

jus cuz you drive a badass machine doesnt mean u got to listen to rock, or metal. u can listen to wateva the *** u want. badass song and video. u should be down for em for reppin chevys!! at least they aint braggin about fords!!! all u that turn your music down are either biased or old fart bags! get ova it! they down with GM!

BTW... look at the big tymers- #1 stunner video. They got a silver ws6 throwing crazy donuts !!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so, anyway.... this is the same marketing GM successfully used when it wanted to introduce the escalade...... i think it was in 97, im not positive on the year.

the idea was to get it in music vids, and give them to celebs to drive, and use that to boost recognition and build an image, rather then shove the image of what they want it to appear as thru traditional channels.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s1ck s0n
The irony here is that no one ask any of you to comment on the music or the people who makes it... the subject is the Camaro in the video.... Damn you people always need to show HATE torward something.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:46 PM
ggk
Launching!

i am sorry but i like what they did to the monte carlo ss.
i think it looks good even with the big rims(i doont mind big rims if they fit the car ie like a h2 with 24's tucked up in the wheel wels or a yukon on 20's with 36" tires)
also that video was too small but was there a 4th gen bird/ta in there?

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro in Rap Video (link inside)