Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Transformer movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from taking the family to see the movie and it was incredible. My Wife and our three kids loved it! That new Camaro is gorgeous. I really liked the part when bumble bee beat that mustangs ***. The Camaro looks good from all angles, it looks a lot better than I thought from seeing it in still shots. I will buy this movie when it comes out and I "never" buy movies. Go see it if you haven't!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well its off to a record breaker already. fandango is stating its the highest amount of ticket sales in their history. 8.8 million when they were only showing an 8:00 and 12:00 is HUGE....

Its the Camaro If Chevy doesn't jump on board more then they have already they are missing something big. They should be promoting the hell out of the new Camaro while this movie is hot.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

movie was amazing, but the car was even better. Everyone in the audience cheered and yelled and clapped as the new camaro came out of the tunnel. it's so cool to see ppl have an appreciation and care about the new car. its a shame that GM is too stupid and will wait till fall 08 to release the car. the time is now, this fall, with the movie basically featuring every GM car that they make lol. Great publicity for GM and the Camaro. The solstice looked kick a*s also! But def, anyone that thinks the new camaro is ugly, go watch the movie. My girlfriend was like "yea, you should def buy that." it just sucks that by the time it comes out, the camaro hype will be dead....
Old 07-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Teching In

well there is suppose to be two mroe sequals to this movie, wut do u think the chances are of another transformers being filmed and released at the same time as the new camaro?
Ehh who knows? But all i have to say is that i went with my father, nd when that camaro came out every1 was cheering, include my father nd i. My father is about to sell his nova and buy a new camaro when it comes out because of the movie lol. Also, we're about to go see it again tomorrow, it was just too good of a movie to see once, which is a first for the both of us
Sweet move GM!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was A+ times a million.

When the 5th gen Camaro first appeared it got a total theater applause and very loud cheer and even some standing. I believe there was not one person in the sold out audience that was dissapointed. It was like the best fireworks show ever. What a perfect film for the "4th of July". The sound effects were awsome. I loved the burst of bass that just shook the room. Wow Wow Wow. It was awsome. I will see it again and I will buy the Blu Ray of it.

Best movie I have seen so far and the Camaro was sexy. I already wanted to buy one but wait a few years. It makes me want one today.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:56 AM
11 Second Club

The new Camaro was actually a GTO...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121044
Old 07-04-2007, 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jetlag
The new Camaro was actually a GTO...
I think most people know that. The body panels were provided by GM to be exact replicas of the actual car. I've seen the real prototype in person and it looks exactly as I remember it. I hope the production model will look the same.

The movie far exceeded my expectations.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brandonppr
It was A+ times a million.

When the 5th gen Camaro first appeared it got a total theater applause and very loud cheer and even some standing. I believe there was not one person in the sold out audience that was dissapointed. It was like the best fireworks show ever. What a perfect film for the "4th of July". The sound effects were awsome. I loved the burst of bass that just shook the room. Wow Wow Wow. It was awsome. I will see it again and I will buy the Blu Ray of it.

Best movie I have seen so far and the Camaro was sexy. I already wanted to buy one but wait a few years. It makes me want one today.

Even my girlfriend started clapping when the new Camaro came out.. she knows how much I love that car (although I will probably be buying a vette instead). It really gave me chills when the whole theater started cheering though.. it made me think GM has a real hit on its hands if it can manage to make the production look like the concept.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely. GM got all this perfect and the Transformer movie was so lucky for them. Now deliver, GM!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Teching In

I'd rather have a Shelby Cobra. GM basically stole the Ford Mustang retro theme. Ford got it right...GM didn't.

Happy 4th of July everyone...Have a safe and enjoyable day.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

ha saw the movie again last night so i saw transformers 2x in under 24hrs haha its sooooo goood i love it

HAPPY FOURTH GUYS BE SAFE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Calico
I'd rather have a Shelby Cobra. GM basically stole the Ford Mustang retro theme. Ford got it right...GM didn't.

I love seeing the retro Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger all at once. Competition, its what makes if fun. I wanted a retro style Camaro for the 5th gen before I ever even heard of the current Mustang body. Before the Camaro was even thought that it was going to be dropped. And now its coming. I don't give a rats a** which one came first. We all know that GM in most cases are going to check out the competition first then do what works and do it better. Of course, waiting has its down sides, but it has its up sides as well. But, I don't want the Camaro without the Mustang and the Challenger is just icing on the cake. If there was no Mustang I would still like the Camaro but, it just makes it better.

This is the first time I have ever heard of a car getting an applause and cheer when it appears on the screen. Whats even funnier is that in the movie the current gen Mustang gets its a** kicked by a past gen Camaro, sound familiar .
Old 07-04-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Originally Posted by Calico

In my opinion your wrong, you cant steal a retro Idea, thats like saying toyota and Honda stole the pickup truck idea from Gm/ford/dodge it just doesnt make since, where theres money to be made a company is gonna invest in it, but I do have to say this GM is taking to long to get the Camaro out I want one RIGHT NOW haha
Old 07-04-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its not retro It's using styling queues from the first gen.

Like Scott said, and what I agree with "The new Camaro MUST beat the new Mustang" And in transformers IT DID... bwahahaha. Pretty sure he wasn't hinting towards bumblebee kicking the crap out of baracade but it'll do.

New Camaro taunt to mustang owners
"Oh yah, well our transformer kicked your transformers @ss"
Old 07-04-2007, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kick_*ss
Its not retro It's using styling queues from the first gen.

Like Scott said, and what I agree with "The new Camaro MUST beat the new Mustang" And in transformers IT DID... bwahahaha. Pretty sure he wasn't hinting towards bumblebee kicking the crap out of baracade but it'll do.

New Camaro taunt to mustang owners
"Oh yah, well our transformer kicked your transformers @ss"
Muaahahha! That's right! It was the old gen too!
Well, can't argue against it. I bet You all Mustang drivers just got pissed when Cobra got beat that crap out of!

"Our transformers kicked Your transformers @ss!"
That's classic.

Just watch GMs sales going up by like %50.00 Haha!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Launching!

I heard rumors that the camaro would be a saleen and that it might be a possibility that saleen may start up with camaro's in 2010, but who knows
Old 07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

All I've got to say is...

AWESOME!!!

I can't wait for the sequel.

I'm on the waiting list for a black 5th gen. :woot:

Sad to see the yellow GTO go bye bye. Anybody recall what happened to the GT500? I remember seeing it and then we never saw it again after the big fight scene.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pheonix_rising
I'm on the waiting list for a black 5th gen. :woot:
Really? You mean like real waiting list where You are signed up?
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

No Doubt the best movie i've seen in a long time. Right when it was over i wanted to watch it again! lol, I really want that new camaro now, that thing was so sexy looking and the burnouts made it even better!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to see it in Arcadia (land of Asians and ricer cars) and the new Camaro tunnel transformation received lots of applause and cheers from the audience too.

I don't know whats hotter, Megan Fox, or the new Camaro. damn. Anybody see the new Maxim yet? on one page is the camaro, the next page, a pic of her. damn.

and her talking about the engine and stuff....even hotter. I loved it when the kid put his face on the other side of the hood and made those comments.

Favorite quote:
"so you are gonna put the fate of the world in that kid and his Camaro?" when on earth did you ever think you'd be eharing that on the big screen in 2007?!?!?!

I loved the other line "I love my car" hahaha.

and the songs...effing so funny!!! "baby come back" lol.

Quick Reply: Transformer movie