Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2008 Camero Price.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your friend is correct. i sold mustangs and there wasn't an 07GT on the lot for less than 28K ever. most were at 30K and ones with navi were at 32K. sure starting price on a base GT is 26K but dont forget to add destination which puts you easily at 27K and unless you order it you will never find a mustang without at least a couple options and there you are at 28K. plus tax tags title and your easily over 30K drivin away in the cheapest gt you can find. and if you finance your spending at least 33K on the cheaper mustang. all this hidden money...thats why i dont sell cars anymore. never felt good about myself when i went home at night...but my pockets sure did!0
Old 11-03-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

On the mustang comment, it is probably close to accurate. My finace and I just purchased an 08 gt for her and most of the ones on the lot were the "premium" model, which is just lether and the shaker 500. We got it for the Z plan thanks to her pops being an ex ford employee

I think the pricing strategy is just fine as long as they offer comparable performance figures. If they want to sell me a 400 hp, 40k camaro they are going to have a tough time especially when you can pick up c6s for that kind of coin. I htink Dodge is going to learn that will the Chalengers. I hope they come with more than 425hp for 40k. The forced induction "rumor" seems really interesting to me as well, but I was planning on parting out my current hot rod after buying a new z28 and using whatever money I get for a turbo kit It sure is a long way away though.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The base model is just something companies do to make their cars look affordable. Years back you could get a very base model, but today good luck finding something that doesn't have one "extra"

Quick Reply: 2008 Camero Price.