Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008 | 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

1. I hope it comes with XM, I can live with the roof *****.

2. I hope it has an LS3. If it does, it will be a mid to high 12's car right out of the box. (even if it's 300-400lbs heavier than a C6).

3. I hope the LS3 version isn't super expensive.

4. Screw the moonroof, I'll spend that extra $1,000 on mods.
Old 01-06-2008 | 06:10 PM
TECH Veteran
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by enginjoe
I like it. As long as it's not over 3500lbs and has something at least as powerful as the LS3...
lol, no way this car is not going to be over 3500lbs.
Old 01-07-2008 | 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Pics of the Interior...

http://www.5thgen.org/images/SpyShots2008-01-03/
Old 01-07-2008 | 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like this shot. Ya, its gonna take some getting used to, but it looks alot newer than the 4th gen interiors.
Old 01-07-2008 | 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

I want to see it in person first.
Old 01-07-2008 | 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Some of you guys bitch like little girls. Seriously. How about a little POSITIVE feedback since they are actually building the car for us?

I actually like the sunroof better than t-tops. You guys crying about t-tops must not realize that the original Camaros didn't have them either. Hell, I'd like a huge glass roof like the new CTS Caddy has, if it were available.
So we are suppose to just accept whatever GM builds, we are the customer and have a right to bitch if we want to.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by infinitebird
lol, no way this car is not going to be over 3500lbs.

Keep dreaming, I'd start praying for something close to 3800.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

bitching about a car thats not a production version is like complaining that your girlfriend gives bad head before the first date. it just doesnt make any sense.

a good many GM guys are fickle little babies, anyone remember how many letters GM got from people DEMANDING the Monaro be brought to the US? Well they did and you see how that one turned out. I'd be willing to bet 8 out of 10 guys on this thread arent even going to look at the new Camaro when it hits showrooms, they are just bitching for bitching sake.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Guess you never seen t-tops leak. Come out to your car and the whole rear floor has standing water in it.
exactly. My Shopvac and my WS6 spent many hours of quality time together because of that. nothing like going to work after a night rainstorm, hitting the brakes and hearing water slosh LOL.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
bitching about a car thats not a production version is like complaining that your girlfriend gives bad head before the first date. it just doesnt make any sense.

a good many GM guys are fickle little babies, anyone remember how many letters GM got from people DEMANDING the Monaro be brought to the US? Well they did and you see how that one turned out. I'd be willing to bet 8 out of 10 guys on this thread arent even going to look at the new Camaro when it hits showrooms, they are just bitching for bitching sake.
It seems like most people are bitching about the interior, anyone with eyes can see it is retro themed and not modern(gto, c6, g8) like so many of us wanted.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll wait to see the production car. pre pros always have half *** interior.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Comparing this car to getting head from your girlfriend for the first time has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read. First off, we're getting a look at the car at a 60% complete stage, most of what we see is how the car will look, or things they are trying out to actually put into production. How can you get 60% of a preview of a blow job, before the first date? It makes zero sense.

People aren't bitching to bitch either. Some of us have been dying for this thing to come out, and it is only natural for people to bitch about it when it is not to their taste or what they have been waiting for for 5 years. I for one do not want a sunroof (though from a sales stand-point I understand why they would do it), and I seriously don't care for that radio. I know that it is still being designed but that radio is bulging out of the spot it's in. Hopefully GM will decide to go with a nav/touch-screen for the SS models.

And I would be willing to bet that every person in this thread is going to go to a dealership and **** their pants when they see this car in show-rooms. We wouldn't be on this site if we had a love for GM and F-bodies (though the 5th gen won't be a f-body now will it )

I know the big shots over at GM have been reading these threads and taking a lot of the user suggested views into consideration, and I think a lot of users here know that as well. If we're bitching about something, I think that GM will notice and maybe change the problem area before launch so that when the car does launch it won't take 5 years and a redesign to get what we originally asked for.

I for one am super hyped about this car, and literally will buy it no matter how the interior turns out. I completely understand that it's impossible to please 100% of the people who want this car, but at the same time if the majority of people are "bitching" about something, I feel it is an area of attention. For God's sake this board is all about GM Muscle cars, this is the central point for sales of this car (ls1tech), and if our opinions don't count then what's the point?

Anyways, I understand this car is not finished, and I really look forward to seeing the finished product after all this is going to be a very exciting year for all of us! I'm reserving my final judgment for the final product, but that doesn't mean that I can't suggest or voice my opinion on the subject.

/End Rant
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:42 PM
The Bull

I think the car is pretty solid. A few things here and there. The lack of a spoiler on the prototype could be so much as leaving more desired body features for a Z28 / SS package yet to be revealed. I like the idea of a hidden shark fin for the XM/OnStar.

The interior catches me the most off guard. I don't mind the retro speedo/tach and the smaller ones in front of the shifter. They're pretty novelty looking. I guess what doesn't do it for me about the entire interior can be summed up as the fusion of the X-Box controller with the HVAC controls. It makes me want to use them to play Gran Tourismo on it. It's the one piece that just doesn't fit either with the retro theme of the other gages or with the clean lines that the radio and the rest of the dash has.

Maybe they were going for a little extra excitement in that part of the dash, that I don't know. If it stayed true to retro, that part of the dash would be a lot simpler, smoother looking and not as standout as it is. It just doesn't fit the persona or the heritage of the car IMO. It's like the big hairy mole that you just want to tear off.

Granted, the advanced controls in the cars today are far more than what the Gen I's had to keep it retro simple. However, look at the dash of an Acadia and you can see how GM knocked it out of the park with a very simple and clean HVAC setup and how nicely it ties in with the rest of the interior.

I can't wait to see the car in person. It will be a nice readdition to the family of kick *** cars that GM has hitting the streets lately.
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jeeze people dont get humor around here. I still say its like bitching about future bad head! :p

from some of the other views the hvac doesnt look nearly as hideous as the one posted above. Like I said, I'll reserve judgement for when its closer to production. in other words, when there isnt black electrical tape and dirt all over it.
Old 01-07-2008 | 08:14 PM
Teching In

I agree with everyone being a little to picky with everything. You guys aren't taking factors of production in. If something is cheaper to do in a certain way that sacrifices some looks then there going to do it the cheaper way. Remember GM is making these things to make money not to make your fantasy's come true about this car. They know that even though you don't like the antenna that your still going to buy it. Honestly guys when you get this car and your driving it are you going to thinking about some dumb fin or sunroof or the 400+ ponies behind your right foot?

I like the location of the gauges in front of the shifter but to me they look a little cheap but again a minor detail
Old 01-07-2008 | 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Cool Blah Blah Blah Whaa Whaa Whaa!

I sold my Z28 over a year ago to start saving for a new one. I cannot wait until they start production. And as far as looks go (interior & exterior) thats what aftermarket parts are for? Its a great foundation to start with and more importantly its a NEW CAMARO and thats what we wanted.
Old 01-07-2008 | 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got bored...
Excuse the crappy chop, but you guys get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!-09-camaro.jpg  
Old 01-07-2008 | 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

+1 for sun roof vs t-roof
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:03 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
10 Year Member20 Year Member

I'd be willing to bet 8 out of 10 guys on this thread arent even going to look at the new Camaro when it hits showrooms, they are just bitching for bitching sake.
Now is the time to voice concerns, before the car is 100% final. After the fact, complaining will do nothing.

I plan to buy this car. I want to like it as much as possibile for the $30k+ that I intend to spend. I want it to be the best car it can be. What's wrong with that?

And since we all have different opinions on what's best (I for one HATE Onstar, XM, Navi.... BLAH - all garbage IMO ), what will make this car great is options. Don't make so much **** standard, because a lot of us would rather not carry the extra weight of that garbage we don't need/want, nor do I want to pay extra for it just because GM chooses to make it standard.

I want less standard, and more optional. Plain and simple.
Old 01-08-2008 | 07:19 AM
TECH Regular

I think that's the closest I've ever seen from concept to street car. GM rocked it. Mine will be black, cowl induction hood, spoiler, and a set of CCW's. Someone will start doing RS conversion headlights...that would be interesting. My old '67 had 10" wide Convo Pro's on it...Maybe I can get Centerline to build some big diameter versions

I gotta say though. By the time the Supercharged model hits the floor at retail pricing, a used C6 Z06 is going to cost the same amount of money.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro PROTOTYPE - Here it is!