Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Transformers 2 Bumblebee to go Ford????!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transformers 2 Bumblebee to go Ford????!!!

Saw this on another forum

Well the leaked reports say that Bumblebee is going to return as the concept Camaro for the 2nd movie. But just like the first one hes going to reformat into a new car shortly into it.
Saleen is under contract for the next movie and his star in the last film Barricade the police car went MIA at the end.
No word on that yet but Saleen has been ramping up production on another concept for the movie. You remember Saleen was the company that brought us the movie 5th gen Camaro. So get this..

Possible spoiler:

It turns out that Bumblebee gets it bad in this film and while regenerating he needs to reformat again. This time he turns turns into the next Saleen Mustang that is based on the refresh Ford is doing to the pony car about the same time the movie comes out the new faced mustang will be making the rounds. This will be Saleens autobot version of that car.
I guess with Shelby getting the Knight Rider pie and GM hitting a home run with Transformers last year Saleen had bitched maybe and had some pull since they did make the first Bumblebee. But also in one interview it was stated if the movie did do well Saleen would be more prominent in the next movie. So it looks like Bumblebee is going to be a 5th gen Camaro and half way through the movie hes going to be wearing a pony in the grill...
Studios they have a perfect formula on thier hands and they fudge it up. I knew it wouldnt last long..

and just to get you going more...
Also I guess Ford is in talks to up its presence in the movie to be other autobots. So we will see.

here is a link to some of the rumors:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=318
I seriously hope this is a April fools joke or just a dumb rumor........I personally can't see GM letting that happen.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I SERIOUSLY doubt it. GM has way too much money in the first one, every single autobot was a gm product except for optimus prime. the only other one who wasn't a GM product got cut from the movie (arcee). That is a total crock of **** that he is gonna turn into a damn ford. Michael Bay has said many times that this time around they are leaking false information about the movie to throw everyone off, that too much was known about the first one before it came out.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nssane
I SERIOUSLY doubt it. GM has way too much money in the first one, every single autobot was a gm product except for optimus prime. the only other one who wasn't a GM product got cut from the movie (arcee). That is a total crock of **** that he is gonna turn into a damn ford. Michael Bay has said many times that this time around they are leaking false information about the movie to throw everyone off, that too much was known about the first one before it came out.
Thats true. And with the Camaro being a bit more expensive (before dealer mark ups) GM is going to need every advantage they can get... and well... this movie series is HUGE for them. Plus the fact that Rachet and Ironhide are both GM vehicles... of course GM is going to push as much money as they need to for them to push the Camaro. Plus Barricade was a Saleen Mustang.... that would confuse too many viewers.

And didn't Saleen say they wanted to start doing performance packages for the Camaro after its re-released?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
Thats true. And with the Camaro being a bit more expensive (before dealer mark ups) GM is going to need every advantage they can get... and well... this movie series is HUGE for them. Plus the fact that Rachet and Ironhide are both GM vehicles... of course GM is going to push as much money as they need to for them to push the Camaro. Plus Barricade was a Saleen Mustang.... that would confuse too many viewers.

And didn't Saleen say they wanted to start doing performance packages for the Camaro after its re-released?
so was jazz. like i said, other than optimus prime, arcee was the only one who wasn't and she got cut. (she was gonna be the bullet bike-the same one the soldier rode when he slid under black out and shot him.)

yea, saleen did say that, at least according to the article that i read. besides that, unless i am mistaken, Barricade was a Saleen mustang because Ford was pitchin a fit that their mustang was going to be the bad guy, and "defeated" by the new camaro. (that is what i read long before the movie came out.)
also, i saw a little documentary where micheal bay talked about how they selected the cars, he said that they considered everything but ultimately "decided to go with General Motors." so i find it hard to believe that they would split that up in the second one. plus "decided to go with General Motors" to me means "they paid the most money"
Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Launching!

so was jazz.
Yeah, but I left him out cause he got destroyed and therefore wont be in the next movie lol. I just mentioned Rachet and Ironhide cause they will be in the next one.. thus GM HAS to have money in it already.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you kids and your rumors. Why can't you just leave the camaro alone until ACTUAL announcements are made and stop acting like you know something before even GM knows
Old 04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Teching In

I didn't know they were even making a sequel. Is a sequel confirmed?

I agree I doubt he would turn into a Ford. Not because of any chevy or ford bias, it just doesn't make sense.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, but I left him out cause he got destroyed and therefore wont be in the next movie lol. I just mentioned Rachet and Ironhide cause they will be in the next one.. thus GM HAS to have money in it already.
tousche.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DVan8504
I didn't know they were even making a sequel. Is a sequel confirmed?
yea it is scheduled to be released on june 26th 2009

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index...art=40&f_cat=4

^lots of news updates on that page
Old 04-01-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No........the Transformers sequel will not turn into a Ford commercial. The Saleen Mustang made it into the first film only because Saleen offered it with no strings attached, being the builder/provider for the much anticipated Camaro concept Bumblebee. Saleen isn't even mentioned or credited in any of the web docs or TV spots for the two cars they provided. But as I understand it, Saleen does alot of custom car work for the movie industry....so I'm sure its nothing new to them. GM won't let their sponsorship for the 2nd movie slide, I can assure you.........and the filmakers certainly won't turn down the General's money when time comes to start filming.

IMO, they'd be stupid to make any major changes to the primary Autobot/Decepticon characters in the sequel. But I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of them try out a different look. We all saw how easy it was for those droids to change their mind.

But I think we can all agree.............a big budget grudge match fight scene between Bumblebee and Barricade is a MUST for the new movie.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
you kids and your rumors. Why can't you just leave the camaro alone until ACTUAL announcements are made and stop acting like you know something before even GM knows

“We are going to be above Mustang,” Lutz said. “We have a very sophisticated suspension system and, frankly, a much nicer interior. We are not going to try and match the Mustang on price. We are going to be premium-priced compared to the Mustang.”

Im not just making up random **** and saying it. Way to lash out.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
But I think we can all agree.............a big budget grudge match fight scene between Bumblebee and Barricade is a MUST for the new movie.
Oh for sure lol
Old 04-02-2008, 02:47 AM
On The Tree

Sph. Hell yes!.

Only Reason why i like that movie was for that part the Girl Talked **** on the Camaro and it Kicked them outta the Car and become the 2010 dumdumdumdum.....

Best part of the movie...........
Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We will have to wait an see what happens.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
We will have to wait an see what happens.
+1....best thing to do....why get all hyped over something that noone knows for sure
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

“We are going to be above Mustang,” Lutz said. “We have a very sophisticated suspension system and, frankly, a much nicer interior. We are not going to try and match the Mustang on price. We are going to be premium-priced compared to the Mustang.”

Im not just making up random **** and saying it. Way to lash out.
Post his follow-up to that statement. Way to leave out the rest of the story.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Teching In

yea it is scheduled to be released on june 26th 2009

http://www.seibertron.com/news/index...art=40&f_cat=4

^lots of news updates on that page
awesome. thanks for the link.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Launching!

I heard the sequel is going to be set in London and Bumblebee transforms into a Vauxhall Vectra.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I heard that there was going to be some new bad guys in the movie too, including a 1970's Ford Pinto who's name is Explodatron, and his special power is to back up into the good buys and blow up. But his special power only works one time.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
Post his follow-up to that statement. Way to leave out the rest of the story.
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...roitautoshow02

There's the link the one of the many copy/pasted articles about it. The rest of it talks about what may happen with its base trims. But the article itself is 100% believable to me.

And setting that aside, why would u find it so hard to believe that the Camaro's MSRP will be priced slightly higher over the Mustang? And on top of that, why would you find it so hard to believe that there will be markups? Even the new G8 has markups, thats going to happen. And why are u arguing about what could be but a couple thousand dollar difference?

This whole thread is about speculation of what could happen with the next Transformers movie... nothing official... yet you pick out the one thing I say about the Camaros pricing that does have at least a little backup to it.

Last edited by LS1Transhed; 04-02-2008 at 12:33 PM.