Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

Camaro to be officially unveiled 9/19/08

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy169
wow 4 fawking month's, at the end of summer no less...f that...sick of waiting. This whole keeping people in suspense thing is pissing me off, and I hope it backfire's on them now.

Do you have any idea how much work is going into this car? They are making it from the ground up you know as well as making sure its done right and to where we want it (the consumer) Unlike the challenger that was built on a already been used platform......now thats an exciting car aka 2-door charger.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Do you have any idea how much work is going into this car? They are making it from the ground up you know as well as making sure its done right and to where we want it (the consumer) Unlike the challenger that was built on a already been used platform......now thats an exciting car aka 2-door charger.
The new Camaro is a 2-door G8.

But I agree, a lot of love went into this car and it should be good. I also like that they are trying to keep the specs under wraps as tightly as possible. It's like being spoiled for a huge plot twist in a movie otherwise.

I think the car will be worth the wait.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Banned

The only reason GM put out this trickle of info is because the Challenger is now in the showrooms & has received rave reviews from all the automotive experts and GM is scared to death that everyone will say "**** the Camaro" gimmie that Chrysler . So they are yelling , "Wait , Look at our Camaro , it will be out shortly, just keep waiting ! Yeah , Right !
Old 05-17-2008, 10:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro

But as people have mentioned, they know the info, they have the specs, why won't they release them? Unless your saying they plan to change them between now and September?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Id be willing to bet that half of my total post count has been regarding speculation, wants, rumors, spy photoes, and general internet drooling over this car.
I have stratigically picked jobs and been paying down vehicles for 2yrs now for this car.
Cant say I havnt givin it a fair shot and been both a DEVOUT Fbody guy(owned 6, now) and warrior against the naysayers of GM that would otherwise had me question my loyalty to GM.....But you know what? Im done. I bought a C5 the other day. Love it.
Did I want a Camaro? **** yeah! That is all I have been living for...but this has just gotten absurd. We need details and WE NEED THEM NOW!!!
Im tempted to buy a Challanger just for spite...I very well may.
Chrysler gets slammed for being a **** company....but it looks like maybe they have their **** together better than GM. They didnt toy with everyones emotions and leave their loyalists hanging. They heard the call for the car, designed it, updated PROSPECTIVE CONSUMERS(read...specs), and ****** PRODUCED IT!
It isnt that hard....well, for everyother automaker, that is.... END OF RANT.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

you people are the biggest ******* little bitch crybabys I have ever seen in my life. "5 months! 5 months! christ I'm gonna die waaa waaa waaa"

you all give GM **** for not building hype around a car, yet when they do, you still **** on them and **** and moan about it. they cant win. If you are soo pissed, shut the **** up and go buy a dodge, pussies.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
you people are the biggest ******* little bitch crybabys I have ever seen in my life. "5 months! 5 months! christ I'm gonna die waaa waaa waaa"

you all give GM **** for not building hype around a car, yet when they do, you still **** on them and **** and moan about it. they cant win.
Totally agree man.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Totally agree man.

me too. we've been waiting over 6 yrs. whats a few more months. stop crying already. LOL

its not as if this is any surprise.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I am going to just buy a Goat...this is too slow.

W
Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,774 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadAction

you all give GM **** for not building hype around a car, yet when they do, you still **** on them and **** and moan about it. they cant win. If you are soo pissed, shut the **** up and go buy a dodge, pussies.
I've never given GM "**** for not building hype around a car". **** hype. And **** GM building hype. Just build & sell the Goddamned car already and stop bullshitting with the rumors.

And **** your 5 month comment, personally I've been waiting for a new F-body since 2004.... it's '08 now, that's 4 ******* years of hoping for a new F-body, so I've got the right to get a little pissed about waiting any longer.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Launching!

Yeahhhhh it dont matter anyway, by the time this car is being sold gas will be about 7 bucks a gallon, who the hell is going to buy it...GM is behind the times again! Should of put this out in 2003!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJgunslinger
Yeahhhhh it dont matter anyway, by the time this car is being sold gas will be about 7 bucks a gallon, who the hell is going to buy it...GM is behind the times again! Should of put this out in 2003!
I agree.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Hahaha it has been said by a member or two that the brochures have been printed for a while, they took a peek and saw true specs. They are just not at liberty to disclose any details.

They did however say that we would be pleasently surprised.
False. No brochures have been printed yet.
They only just recently took the pictures to use in the brochures.
The cars for those picture were built last week.

However, the part about you being pleasantly surprised is 100% true!

Originally Posted by Jakes Dad
And to think NO ONE BELIEVED me when I post the New Camaro delivery to dealers had been moved up to the last quarter of 08.
People didn't believe you because that is not accurate then, and it's not accurate now.
The car will be in dealers first quarter 2009, just as GM originally stated.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I've never given GM "**** for not building hype around a car". **** hype. And **** GM building hype. Just build & sell the Goddamned car already and stop bullshitting with the rumors.
And **** your 5 month comment, personally I've been waiting for a new F-body since 2004.... it's '08 now, that's 4 ******* years of hoping for a new F-body, so I've got the right to get a little pissed about waiting any longer.
Nor have I. I have been a huge supporter of this car and waited VERY patiently, up to this point. So for you to open your pie hole and determine that I am a "crybaby" is proof evident of your own ignorance. You dont know me, and you dont know my allegiance. Enough is enough. **** you and your 5mon comment. Granted, 5mon is irrelevant in the overall scheme of things, when the REAL issue SHOULD BE the 4 yr WAIT!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Launching!

any word on power and price?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fotis
any word on power and price?

Hell, at this rate the ****** window sticker wont even have a price on it...the cars will be in the lots and the sales manager will have to call Bob Putz for the pricing!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MavrikTA

Hell, at this rate the ****** window sticker wont even have a price on it...the cars will be in the lots and the sales manager will have to call Bob Putz for the pricing!
i avn't realy heard much about them so i'mnot exactly following you but are you saying they keep delaying it??
Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

The GM thought process is not 'delaying' rather more like "building hype". But in a nutshell, Yes. We know pretty much nothing bout it. Spec wise.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

I'm waiting for the surpise. The "Focus Group" of "Disciples" said they saw four cars. With all the talk in the past of 2 v6 options and 2 v8 options I could imagine them throwing in everything..something like this:

Base v6--260hp ($25k)
RS: Turbo v6 ~350hp (everybody forgets the RS) ($27.5k)
SS: Baby V8 ~400hp ($29.9k)
Z28: Shelby Killer +500hp ($35-40k)

That would certainly be a surprise and they would sure sell a heck of a lot of v6s like the man said.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, except then there wouldn't be a reason to keep building a 30,000$ V8. That's rediculos for Camaro pricing. Honestly. I expect the V6 to be about 21k, the better V6 to be about 23, and the baby V8 to be around 25, with the SS and Z28 models hitting around 28-29. Now way is Chevrolet stupid enough to price a base V8 at 30k.

Also, to the Focus Group seeing four cars, it's very possible it was 2 V6 and 2 V8, with varying options. One could have been the convertible, 6 speed, while the other was a coupe automatic, and so on.

Quick Reply: Camaro to be officially unveiled 9/19/08