Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

6th Gen Camaro shown a day early on CNBC

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Bwahahaha. What a pile of ****. Once again GM brings an engine to the table...... that's it. I'm not a fan of 5th gens This is definitely worse IMO. Won't grow on me, won't get my money. Point and laugh.

As above they've been hinting that this wouldn't be a major overhaul in looks. They didn't disappoint there. If there weren't enough people jumping ship for Mustangs.... They are going to flock now
You seem like a really cool guy.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure this would look so much better in person.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:51 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Bwahahaha. What a pile of ****. Once again GM brings an engine to the table...... that's it. I'm not a fan of 5th gens This is definitely worse IMO. Won't grow on me, won't get my money. Point and laugh.

As above they've been hinting that this wouldn't be a major overhaul in looks. They didn't disappoint there. If there weren't enough people jumping ship for Mustangs.... They are going to flock now
So the highly improved interior, new 8-speed transmission, and the switch from the zeta to the alpha chassis aren't new?

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
You seem like a really cool guy.
He seems like one of those people who can't even afford to swap from his fourth gen, so he sits on the Internet and cries at everything that doesn't perfectly meet his expectations.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:36 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Rooting for GM is like rooting for the Red Sox before they won the series in '04. They always seem to drop the ball somehow. Always stay a step behind the competion...

They went 2 steps ahead with the Vette and went 1/2 up from a dated looking car IMO. My post was half joke half serious.

Thanks for the free financial evaluation Nick.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Well, at least now I know I'm getting a 2015 Challenger SRT!!! Thanks, Chevy!!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
So the highly improved interior, new 8-speed transmission, and the switch from the zeta to the alpha chassis aren't new?
What is so highly improved about the interior? I haven't seen one in person yet, was there a drastic change in material quality? The overall interior design is too busy for my taste, would probably look better without the three-tone silver/black/red in the pictures I've seen so far.

He seems like one of those people who can't even afford to swap from his fourth gen, so he sits on the Internet and cries at everything that doesn't perfectly meet his expectations.
I never understand these assumptions. Not everyone who prefers an older model is broke or can't afford the newest market offerings. Not everyone is impressed by the latest styling designs and standard gadgets, this has nothing to do with financial standing.

I still like my 4th gen better for a number of reasons, and I wouldn't even need to "swap" from it to afford a new Camaro, or a new Corvette, or one of each. I speak my mind on new GM releases because, as an individual who has purchased three brand new GM vehicles in the last ~15 years, I feel I have earned the right to do so. I would like to have seen a better finished product, my opinion is that Camaro has been behind both Mustang and Challanger in terms of overall styling since its re-introduction; as a LONG time GM fan, I really wish I didn't feel this way.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can please some people, some of the time, but never all people, all of the time !

There's always going to be people that Love it , Hate it, and those somewhere in between.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:47 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You can please some people, some of the time, but never all people, all of the time !

There's always going to be people that Love it , Hate it, and those somewhere in between.
This is what GM people do. They hate the new models right up until the next generation.

The C6 came out and people were pissed off at the bland styling and fixed headlights.

C7 comes out and suddenly the C6 was perfect while the C7 is trying too hard to be a Ferrari with a hideous rear.

Give it a few months and everyone that hated the 5th gen for its size, weight, and styling will be talking about how the 6th gen is too cramped and the design is too busy compared to the classic lines of the 5th gen.

Good thing GM sells cars to the general public and not to forums.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:10 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by justin455
This is what GM people do. They hate the new models right up until the next generation.

The C6 came out and people were pissed off at the bland styling and fixed headlights.
I loved the C6 from the very first images that I saw of it, everything I disliked about the C5 was corrected in that design. I still feel the same today.

C6 and C3 were the best Corvette designs to date, IMO.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
What is so highly improved about the interior? I haven't seen one in person yet, was there a drastic change in material quality? The overall interior design is too busy for my taste, would probably look better without the three-tone silver/black/red in the pictures I've seen so far.

I never understand these assumptions. Not everyone who prefers an older model is broke or can't afford the newest market offerings. Not everyone is impressed by the latest styling designs and standard gadgets, this has nothing to do with financial standing.

I still like my 4th gen better for a number of reasons, and I wouldn't even need to "swap" from it to afford a new Camaro, or a new Corvette, or one of each. I speak my mind on new GM releases because, as an individual who has purchased three brand new GM vehicles in the last ~15 years, I feel I have earned the right to do so. I would like to have seen a better finished product, my opinion is that Camaro has been behind both Mustang and Challanger in terms of overall styling since its re-introduction; as a LONG time GM fan, I really wish I didn't feel this way.
The layout is an improvement over the previous generation and the gauges are awesome, too. I haven't seen the quality in person, but it's probably standard GM stuff. I'm not expecting any high quality from them.

I didn't make an assumption, I simply stated that he gives off the vibe of a bitter kid that cannot afford something and so he posts ignorant negativity. I didn't say he couldn't afford one, just that he sounded like someone that couldn't. There is a discernible difference.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:09 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Rooting for GM is like rooting for the Red Sox before they won the series in '04. They always seem to drop the ball somehow. Always stay a step behind the competion...

They went 2 steps ahead with the Vette and went 1/2 up from a dated looking car IMO. My post was half joke half serious.

Thanks for the free financial evaluation Nick.
Not a problem, princess. I await more negativity from you.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:53 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

The layout is an improvement over the previous generation and the gauges are awesome, too. I haven't seen the quality in person, but it's probably standard GM stuff. I'm not expecting any high quality from them.
From the 4-5 interior shots I've seen, I wouldn't call the interior layout any kind of significant improvement overall. I might change my mind if I sat in one, though. Honestly it's hard for me to like any interior that includes a touch screen.

I didn't make an assumption, I simply stated that he gives off the vibe of a bitter kid that cannot afford something and so he posts ignorant negativity. I didn't say he couldn't afford one, just that he sounded like someone that couldn't. There is a discernible difference.
Intentional or not, from the perspective of a third party reader the assumption is implied in such a statement.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be 40 in 2 years, so the plan for now is that I'll buy a 6th Gen on my 40th. At least I now have a reason to be excited about turning 40.

C6 and C3 were the best Corvette designs to date, IMO.
I'm in complete agreement. I still think about picking up a late model C3 (with the terrible V8) and dropping in the tried-and-true LS3/T-56 combo, but I lack the garage space and the time. The C6, in my opinion, will age just as well as the C3 has.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

I have a hard time believing that GM will continue to sell 80K+ of these a year, for the next 7 years or so. Going to be hard to stay on top, better for the consumer as we all know though. They are all trying to out-do each other

I wasn't on the C6 or C7 hate bandwagon either. I liked both when they came out, no complaints there. GM hit the mark with both of them, the C7s are flying off the showroom floors.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

I have a hard time believing that GM will continue to sell 80K+ of these a year, for the next 7 years or so. Going to be hard to stay on top, better for the consumer as we all know though. They are all trying to out-do each other
The drawback will largely be in price increases. Aside from that, sales will be pretty close to current.

I wasn't on the C6 or C7 hate bandwagon either. I liked both when they came out, no complaints there. GM hit the mark with both of them, the C7s are flying off the showroom floors.
Do they outsell Camaro?

I liked them both too, but for me, the Camaro is so different that I never consider the similarities as if they matter. Regardless, I have no doubt that Camaro will sell well. Will it beat Mustang sales? Probably not, but then... on average, it never has. GM always has too much competition from within to be concerned over #1 sales per model.

At least there's no Firebird or Trans Am in the way anymore. Of course, I'd personally prefer either, but that's me and I always thought Pontiac styling left Chevy way behind in this segment and was saddened when they dumped Pontiac instead of Buick... any ol way...
Old 05-18-2015, 01:16 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

From the 4-5 interior shots I've seen, I wouldn't call the interior layout any kind of significant improvement overall. I might change my mind if I sat in one, though. Honestly it's hard for me to like any interior that includes a touch screen.

Intentional or not, from the perspective of a third party reader the assumption is implied in such a statement.
An assumption is something held to be true without evidence, which means it has little to no value. Assumptions can be made about everything, because everyone has their own way of interpreting things. Thus, it really doesn't matter what assumption the reader makes as long as it is clarified.
So my statement stands: He sounds like a petulant kid who whines about things that he cannot afford.

Edit: Looks like RPM is mad, too. Pft

Last edited by audacious nick; 05-18-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wasn't a huge fan of the C6 when it came out. idk what it was about it but at the time i owned a C5 and loved the C5's curves and overall look. The C6Z is where i fell in love with the C6. i loved the C7 from the get go except i hated the tails. They've grown on me since then but i love the front look of those cars
Old 05-18-2015, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by justin455

C7 comes out and suddenly the C6 was perfect while the C7 is trying too hard to be a Ferrari with a hideous rear.

Give it a few months and everyone that hated the 5th gen for its size, weight, and styling will be talking about how the 6th gen is too cramped and the design is too busy compared to the classic lines of the 5th gen.

Good thing GM sells cars to the general public and not to forums.
It's far from just a GM thing. You can apply it to almost anything marketed and mass produced to sell to the public.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

An assumption is something held to be true without evidence, which means it has little to no value. Assumptions can be made about everything, because everyone has their own way of interpreting things. Thus, it really doesn't matter what assumption the reader makes as long as it is clarified.
So my statement stands: He sounds like a petulant kid who whines about things that he cannot afford.

Edit: Looks like RPM is mad, too. Pft
Your statement implied that YOU had already made such an assumption, not the reader. So perhaps now we should debate the meaning of implied/implication, and/or how it relates or leads to assumptions?

But this is just getting silly now, you seem like the type who classifies someone as "mad" if they simply don't agree.*

*Assumptions/implications may or may not be contained in this statement.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

I honestly like the redesign, at least in SS form. There's an awful lot of LEDs which does look a bit tacky, but otherwise I think it stands out.

The only portion I don't like in the pictures is the rear wheels. They just look smaller than the fronts the way the rear quarter panel juts so far up

Quick Reply: 6th Gen Camaro shown a day early on CNBC