Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

Pics of the 2016 SS and RS(maybe already seen)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of the 2016 SS and RS(maybe already seen)

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...usive-photos/?

I'm not sure if these were previously shown on LS1tech, but I looked them over and decided to bring 'em.

There's only 1 "not so great" aspect for me. Initially, I pointed out I didn't like the fit & finish of the seats. After looking at these pics, I'm even less impressed. Production models are going to need better treatment. The last photo stands out, if none of the loose fitting seat covers do.

That said, the exterior looks pretty much flawless. I really do like it more and more. Even the commonly complained about tail lights look pleasant enough to me. It's just pretty much what I envisioned in Camaro. Also, I like the deep tan coloring inside and even the red looks good now. It beats the snot outta the typical dark interior.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good to me.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks much better in those pics than the previous ones, especially the back.

Good looking car IMO. If I had the means to be looking at new cars I would be looking at that as a top contender unless I had money for a Corvette.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Moving to the 6th Gen section. We're trying to keep all 6th Gen Camaro discussions in one place.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

I noticed the seats too, hopefully they'll tighten up the upholstery on production models.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The seats do look a little odd in the shoulders, but they also look a lot more supportive than the 5th gen seats. Those are comfy, but don't hold you at all
Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
That said, the exterior looks pretty much flawless. I really do like it more and more. Even the commonly complained about tail lights look pleasant enough to me. It's just pretty much what I envisioned in Camaro. Also, I like the deep tan coloring inside and even the red looks good now. It beats the snot outta the typical dark interior.
Photos that have circulated since the initial pictures do make the car look better, but the lower grille for the SS models still needs to be cleaned up (too big/flat/somehow misproportioned - the base model grille looks better IMO), the LEDs are still a bit tacky in placement and/or quantity, the rear bumper contours just below the tail lights seem to be a complete afterthought that needs to be corrected/removed, the tail lights themselves could be done better (something closer to the early 5th gens), and the interior would look better in all black vs. the multi-color setup (looks too busy as it is, adding more colors only worsens that IMO.)

As more pictures roll out, I can better see both the flaws and the potential; the things that bothered me initially are bothering me even more, while the areas I found to be neutral are looking better. So I guess it's a zero-sum for me.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Launching!

This model should have been the 5th gen. the rear of the car looks like a refreshed/updated 4th gen F body.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fspeedster
This model should have been the 5th gen. the rear of the car looks like a refreshed/updated 4th gen F body.
Wut??
Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hm, I like it.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Moving to the 6th Gen section. We're trying to keep all 6th Gen Camaro discussions in one place.
Thanks! It can't much more "vehicle specific" than this.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Photos that have circulated since the initial pictures do make the car look better, but the lower grille for the SS models still needs to be cleaned up (too big/flat/somehow misproportioned - the base model grille looks better IMO), the LEDs are still a bit tacky in placement and/or quantity, the rear bumper contours just below the tail lights seem to be a complete afterthought that needs to be corrected/removed, the tail lights themselves could be done better (something closer to the early 5th gens), and the interior would look better in all black vs. the multi-color setup (looks too busy as it is, adding more colors only worsens that IMO.)
I don't like all black(too hot in FL anyway). The only part I see as too busy is the area just ahead of the shifter. I like the tail lights well enough(I think they'll look excellent at night) and the same for the lines all around, plus I'm diggin' the LED's. I don't want it to more resemble any 5th gen than it does(totally). I do like the base grille best though, so far.

As more pictures roll out, I can better see both the flaws and the potential; the things that bothered me initially are bothering me even more, while the areas I found to be neutral are looking better. So I guess it's a zero-sum for me.
Here, I see have the same type of thoughts, except... I am less bothered by the little things rather than more. Of course, I was fine with the car from the start, finding nothing I just couldn't stand to see on the outside.

Originally Posted by fspeedster
This car looks like a refreshed 5th gen to me, end to end. Inside, not so much. It's much nicer, but seriously needs some help on fit & finish. It's simply too loose on seat covers and the 1 door skin struck me as having been pulled apart and pushed back together, then left... like I'd have done it when < 25.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Hm, I like it.
Overall, I really do like it and I'm not too concerned about those loose fittin' seats... I basically think that will be corrected for production.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Not a fan of the odd creases below the taillights, but overall it looks really good.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

+1 for the slightly sagging seat covers

Quick Reply: Pics of the 2016 SS and RS(maybe already seen)