Gen 6 Camaro 2016+ Forum The forum for discussion of the 6th Gen 2016+ Camaro

The Alpha Platform, GM's real handling performance Chassis?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The Alpha Platform, GM's real handling performance Chassis?

Is the Alpha Platform the real GM handling platform?

Man from the reviews I have reading and seeing on YouTube, I get the distinct impression that the Alpha Platform is more the real "sports car handling star" of the GM line up than the C7 Corvette. Don't get me wrong I think the C7 deserves all the accolades that it has received from the global motoring press and then some. I am more than happy that the C7 had hit it out of the park and finally the Corvette is acknowledged as a world class sports car. Though I think both the C5 and C6 were world class but the Euro snobs kept nitpicking on minor points and not giving the Corvette its due.

But wow, these Alpha Platform cars in whatever form they turn up in seem to wow and charm all the reviewers that put them through their paces. First the ATS and ATS-V, then the 6th Gen Camaro(with the Camaro SS taking Motor Trend's COTY award) and then the CTS and CTS-V. The LT4 seems to be way happier under the hood of the CTS-V than it did under the hood of the C7 Z06. Mechanical problems with the LT4 had sidelined the Z06 for couple of car magazine track test in the past year. Seems those extra oil and transmission coolers has made the LT4 a much happy camper in the Alpha Platform car than in the Vette Z06. I am sure that is also going to be the case in this new 10 speed Camaro ZL1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Alpha Platform, GM's real handling performance Chassis?