General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help me spend ~$200

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008 | 10:37 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Magnet
UMI is having a 20% off sale.. I asked for relocation brackets and non adjustable LCA's...you don't need adjustables IMO... you could also get some UMI SFC's...
your opinion is wrong. jkkk

i had non adjustable lca's before i lowered and like them a lot. but when i lowered i figured if it was going to hurt handling(bind) it kinda defeats the part of the purpose of lowering so i sold them and used the money to buy relocation brackets.

still on the fence about sfc's....
Old 12-20-2008 | 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Buy a hooker.
i second that
Old 12-21-2008 | 08:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
i second that
why buy one when i already have one

and to the guy that said i dont need adjustable, why get a non adjustable, the stock is non adjustable? may as well just not spend the money if you say that. my car is lowered so why not get the adjustable just in case.

i forgot about this thread and it kinda took off lol. thanks for the help.

nemess you have a pm.
Old 12-21-2008 | 11:34 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
why buy one when i already have one

and to the guy that said i dont need adjustable, why get a non adjustable, the stock is non adjustable? may as well just not spend the money if you say that. my car is lowered so why not get the adjustable just in case.

i forgot about this thread and it kinda took off lol. thanks for the help.

nemess you have a pm.
non adjustable lca's use polyurethane bushings that flex way less than the stock star shaped ones. the star shaped ones flex during launches, which causes wheel hop and tire spin. the polyurethane ones pretty much don't flex at all which causes bind during turns causing the rear to slide out early under certain circumstances. you could just get MOOG replacement bushings for your stock ones but the autoparts store by me charges like $40 each for them. BMR sells non adjustables with rubber bushings(better than the stock ones) for about $100, which is a pretty good alternative if you don't want the noise of adjustables with rod ends.

i loved my non adjustables for straight line performance. completely eliminated wheel hop. i could put it to the floor from a stop and get a pretty decent launch. a tad too much tire spin but still decent.

now that i'm trying to turn i'm going poly/rod adjustable. found em for $60 shipped used. mwahahah.

and you should only really need the adjustability if you're swapping rears or for some reason your wheels are sitting off center in the wheel wells. i think.
Old 12-21-2008 | 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Well to be honest I'm only interested in going straight.. so if you have something else in mind you may need adjustables.. I just don't want the extra road noise. And there is plenty benefit from non adjustables..
Old 12-21-2008 | 01:10 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Magnet
Well to be honest I'm only interested in going straight.. so if you have something else in mind you may need adjustables.. I just don't want the extra road noise. And there is plenty benefit from non adjustables..
i agree. non adjustables help a lot for launching. really depends on your goals for the car.
Old 12-21-2008 | 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

"Help me spend ~$200"
....Give it to me, I'll spend it for ya!
Old 12-22-2008 | 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
"Help me spend ~$200"
....Give it to me, I'll spend it for ya!
haha it was only a matter of time that someone was going to say that. lol.
Old 12-22-2008 | 01:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

LT's would be my choice.