General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me

Hey everyone, I just signed up today because my boyfriend is a car freak and I would love some help with understanding his hobby a little more

He owns a 1995 Camaro z28 that is in a million pieces and is awaiting and ls3. Thats everything i know

If you could help me out with learning as much as I possibly can over the computer that would be extremely appriciated

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh boy... Good luck.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

read all the yellow stickies on the to of each section of the forum. You should be a real gear head then
Old 12-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Oh boy... Good luck.
Thanks ha ha that just really helped my confindence

And since I couldn't multi quote to the other guy:

That really helped my condindence too. It's not that funny. I'm just a women respecting the hobby of my boyfriend and trying to be apart of that. Is that so hard?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wasn't laughing because your a woman... I was laughing cause you thought that you could ask such an ambiguous question and not get an ambiguous answer. How much you can "possibly" learn depends on you, not us. every answer you could ever have is on this board, for starters read the stickies like I said, from there any questions you have type them in the "search" function, if that doesn't answer your question then ask us. But there is no way for us to simply list everything in one thread. Even if we could, we wouldn't, when all that information is already answered in the stickies. Now if you have a specific question you want answered, I'll be glad to answer. such as "what displacement is the LS3?", "how much power does the LS3 put down stock", etc.

edit: and you can multi quote, its the bottom right of the post, the second button from the right.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Teching In

I know how to multi quote my computer just was not allowing me too...

Ok I am sorry for my rudness. I know the ls3 is like a truck motor ya??

I'm not completely ignorant I do know some parts and stuff that he has taught me. We just dont have all the time in the world with work and school to sit in his garage so I figured I would join one of his threads and try and get extra help. I honestly have nothing specific to ask or anything just want to learn in general about it.

Ha I also know some typical stuff like changing the oil checking it and checking tire pressure and changing a tire, also putting more air into it. Learning slowly to work on a car but at least I'm learning.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and good luck like he said, you can learn a lot by reading on here. LS3 is found in C6 corvettes I believe. Just start randomly clicking on threads and seeing whats up. The Gen IV section down the page some will help you, thats where you will find most LS3 related info.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Welcome...
Old 12-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

Think of this site as a big book. A lot of information is here, but you need to look through it to find it. The pages aren't going to turn for you.
And as an added bonus you can ask questions when needed.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

That is a big request! lol Welcome and the LS3 is in C6 vettes, the new Camaro SS, and the new G8 GXP. I would start in the Newbie Tech, General LS Section, and the Generation IV section as the LS3 is a generation IV engine. Here is the link to those:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...newbie-tech-4/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-l...iscussion-118/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...al-engine-130/

The best thing you can do is explore and read, if you want to learn about suspension scroll down to the suspension section and start reading the stickies at the top and when you come across something you dont understand search it and you should get a LOT of threads about it, if you are still confused start a thread and ask for help with a question that is as specific as possible.

This link is priceless starting out, there are so many acronyms used on here and without it you will get lost quickly!

https://ls1tech.com/acronyms.html
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 PM
NKAWTG...N

Read stickies and check out the Conversion section.