General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bad Idea....Or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Idea....Or not?

Greetings Gentlemen,

I suppose that I am looking for affirmation, but I would like to hear some opinions.

My DD is a '05 WRX. I like it. It has been a great little car that has allowed me to drive like a crazy man year round here in Maine. I got a job that includes a company car that happens to also be a Subaru. So I have two Subaru's.

In storage I have a '67 Camaro that is pretty solid. It has a running 350 and TH350. It is filled full of interior parts not installed and it needs wiring (already purchaced), and in my opinion, a carb'd 5.3 3d gen engine and a manual conversion.

The WRX is nearly paid off and I am thinking about selling it outright and putting the proceeds into the Camaro. I have no place to work on said Camaro, so it would be farmed out to a shop for the time being.

So the question is;

Will the 12,000 dollars get me ANYWHARE close to a reliable driver with someone elses labor?

Am I stupid to rely on a car that is not owned by me as transportation?

Am I a sally for not doing the work myself?

Thoughts?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if i were you i would, Sell the subaru, then buy the cheapest running DD you can find for around 1-2K. Just incase the company car gets taken away, dump the rest of the money into the 67. If you do the work yourself you can get it done for under 4k i bet.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F-bodys are coming down in price as far as someone else doing the work is fine but get records of what is done !! look the car over and drive it ...i personally would stay away from motor worked cars JMO but you can fine cars with headers, exhaust ,stall ect ...thats would be a great ride. doing the work from the beginning is very expensive but you know what is done to the car and you know its done right
good luck
Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Well if i were you i would, Sell the subaru, then buy the cheapest running DD you can find for around 1-2K. Just incase the company car gets taken away, dump the rest of the money into the 67. If you do the work yourself you can get it done for under 4k i bet.
^
I
I
This is a good idea! I'd take this route also.

Quick Reply: Bad Idea....Or not?