General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

The TA is offically a grocery getter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
get a better camera.....
x2...
Old 01-07-2009, 10:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They are versatile cars for sure. I love mine for road trips, hell I've even shot a coyote from my car while packing my guns. I don't drive mine during the winter, thank god, we have like 3 feet of snow right now. Theres nothing like being able to cruise around in 4th gear at 35 mph and still be able to out accelerate most cars haha. I definitely have made several trips to get groceries in the SS. I will park in the middle of the park lot all by myself, and when I come out some ******* will have parked right next to me. That pissess me off!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
If you know how to make space, you can haul alot of stuff in these cars. I've moved myself up to school with my camaro, went on huge grocery trips, even had the back filled with heads and intake manifolds. Good stuff.
X2 on the school part. I crammed so much stuff in my camaro I was totally amazed. Thing was, with it loaded down like that, the rear sat kinda low and the bumpy highway hurt a bit.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 216 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
How could you not want to drive cars like these everyday. Groceries? Hell I do that and everything else in my cars, especially the T/A.
+1 ... DD my Formula and do everything - groceries, wheels & tires, pick up the airport w/tons of luggage - in all kinds of weather. I try to stick to nicer weather with the SOM T/A, but it sees all kinds of action too.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I lived with my ex we loaded my car up plenty of times. Gallons fit very well in the t-top storage!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Launching!

When I go to Walmart I always park far far away from everyone else. My girlfriend gets pissed because she feels there is no reason to have to walk so far away from the entrance
Old 01-08-2009, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99RebelZ28
When I go to Walmart I always park far far away from everyone else. My girlfriend gets pissed because she feels there is no reason to have to walk so far away from the entrance
same here my friends hate going places in my car cuz i always make them walk lol i still worry when parking in the back tho, knida singles your car out for some punk to mess with it.

my car looks like that everytime i go g-shoppin, , owned a few stanges while loaded down haha
Old 01-10-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Find a space closer among other cars but a space that has more room around it from people parking not centered or something. I just park wherever and never any issues, but then mine isn't anywhere close to show-car status like some of your cars here.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 on the DD. My car is the only one I have so it gets used for everything, including groceries and random running. I've also regularly fit myself, my brother, 2 snowboards, and all our snow gear and food for the day in my car. I love getting those looks when pulling into the resort.

Last edited by Lotus289; 01-10-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Grammar 101
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Our cars aren't bad for ski stuff at all really. Fold down the rear seat and you can get a lot of equipment back there. My skis are a tad on the long side (174) and don't quite fit lengthwise in a friend's dakota pickup but they fit lengthwise in my car
Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Find a space closer among other cars but a space that has more room around it from people parking not centered or something. I just park wherever and never any issues, but then mine isn't anywhere close to show-car status like some of your cars here.
I usually just find a parking space close enough to the front with enough space for me to be able to open the door halfway and get out of the TA ok and have not had the first door-ding in about 7 years of fbody driving, guess maybe I'm just lucky or something!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more weight over the rear axle for more traction.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll admit i've picked up a large portable air conditioner and even a disassembled ikea couch in my vert.
drop the top and you've got extra space. it looks pretty ghetto with boxes extending a few feet above the roof line, but gets the job done.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i'll admit i've picked up a large portable air conditioner and even a disassembled ikea couch in my vert.
drop the top and you've got extra space. it looks pretty ghetto with boxes extending a few feet above the roof line, but gets the job done.
LOL Hell yea. i do that in my car all the time, I didnt think i'd like the vert it was just an SS for 5k and i had... 5k hahaha but i love it. I wish it was a M6 and hopefully it will be some day... but the more i drive it the more im thinking i would like it w/ a shift kit / 2600 stall...

Nice car by the way
Old 01-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

loL! where is my sig!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nemean
LOL Hell yea. i do that in my car all the time, I didnt think i'd like the vert it was just an SS for 5k and i had... 5k hahaha but i love it. I wish it was a M6 and hopefully it will be some day... but the more i drive it the more im thinking i would like it w/ a shift kit / 2600 stall...

Nice car by the way
thanks. i saw some pics of your white ss convertible on zr1's - can't believe you got that for $5k!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
Hmm where is that pic of the camaro with a washing machine stuck in the hatch again?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot, during the summer i put a weed eater in there and go to my grandpa's house. I've had some weird looks with that.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01 Trans-Am WS6
I would NEVER park that close, especially to what appears to be a Wal-Mart parking lot.....WAYYYYYYY too many stray carts rolling around and wayyyy too many people not giving a **** about anyone elses cars.
I wish I could say parking as far away as possible would prevent shopping cart mishaps....but it doesn't. Parked my car in a Kroger lot in almost the farthest spot from the store with no cars around it. Came back and someone had taken a shopping cart and launched it at my car, scratching about 4-5in. up the front of the bumper through the clear coat -- when I came outside the cart was propped up on the bumper still (theres no way it wasn't deliberate). Went back and asked in-store security to contact me once they reviewed their surveillance tapes, but they never called me back.