General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

PCV Connection Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Curveball TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV Connection Question

My pcv system was rotted out so I did completely redid it. At first it worked great, no idle surge and the codes went away. But they have came back idle surge seems worse and the lean codes are back on. I checked all the connections and they look fine besides maybe one.

I have a 2000 ls1 and my driver side valve cover did not look like this one in the redo thread.

There is just a hole in the back to where the factory pcv plugs into it, not a barb type connection. So I had to reuse the factory plug and line piece.

Does anyone know of a piece that will fit in here because I think that might be the problem?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

can you snap a pic of exactly what you are talking about??
Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Curveball TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really hard to get a picture of it back there. A piece of the AIR/EGR sits on top of the valve cover with a huge bracket covering almost everything up. That makes it near impossible to get to it. The piece i'm talking about is in red below.

I think my problem might be in the slit I cut for the ground that connects to the pcv valve up front (circled in blue). It looks like the slit got big enough to allow air to escape as well. I made a new piece for that and I'll let you know what happens.