General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone have experience with WS6 store rotor package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with WS6 store rotor package?

I've been pricing rotors online, and saw on the ws6 store a set of 4 drilled/slotted rotors for 180.00, which is about half of what other sets go for. I've only had good experiences with the WS6, but would like some opinions on this. Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had them on my 98 Z28 with some Hawk HPS pads. I really liked them. The combo of rotors and pads had good braking power and no noise. I only had them on there for a few months before I put the car away for storage and then sold it, but when I had them they looked and performed great. I'd buy them again for my SS.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSS416
I've been pricing rotors online, and saw on the ws6 store a set of 4 drilled/slotted rotors for 180.00, which is about half of what other sets go for. I've only had good experiences with the WS6, but would like some opinions on this. Thanks
If you are doing it for looks, then go for it but just watch the holes for cracks. If you are going for performance buy a quality blank rotor (like brembos) with some good pads (like Hawk HP pads).
Drilled rotors do nothing for performance(while they claim to dispel gasses from the pads, thats untrue since modern day pads don't expel gases), and are not recommended for track use by many big name companies (like brembo for example).
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...+Drilled+Rotor
Quote from them:
"IMPORTANT REMINDER: Slotted, drilled or dimpled rotors offered as OEM replacements should not be considered appropriate for high-speed track use.

"While grooved, drilled and slotted rotors offer an enhanced appearance and add some resistance to the boundary layer of gasses that can build up between the pad and rotor, they are not designed to withstand the extreme temperatures that are produced on the racetrack. If they are used on the track, it is very important that the rotors be carefully inspected and should not be driven on if even minor signs of deterioration are seen. Note, too, that if any products are used on the track they are not warrantable."

Also check out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...brake-faq.html
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
If you are doing it for looks, then go for it but just watch the holes for cracks. If you are going for performance buy a quality blank rotor (like brembos) with some good pads (like Hawk HP pads).
Drilled rotors do nothing for performance(while they claim to dispel gasses from the pads, thats untrue since modern day pads don't expel gases), and are not recommended for track use by many big name companies (like brembo for example).
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...+Drilled+Rotor
Quote from them:
"IMPORTANT REMINDER: Slotted, drilled or dimpled rotors offered as OEM replacements should not be considered appropriate for high-speed track use.

"While grooved, drilled and slotted rotors offer an enhanced appearance and add some resistance to the boundary layer of gasses that can build up between the pad and rotor, they are not designed to withstand the extreme temperatures that are produced on the racetrack. If they are used on the track, it is very important that the rotors be carefully inspected and should not be driven on if even minor signs of deterioration are seen. Note, too, that if any products are used on the track they are not warrantable."

Also check out:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...brake-faq.html
Very informative man, i really appreciate the advice. I think brembo blanks will be a much better choice.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive had these for 2 or 3 years and they have done just fine. Look great and perform as well as stock. I got mine for 169 though.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got them with hawk pads (the rotors were warpes when i bought the car) they are mainly just for the look and the zinc coating
Old 01-17-2009, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

i just bought the package along with hawk HPS pads and have heard nothing but good things about them....i opted for the slotted ones without the drilled holes because i dont want to mess with cracking....and i dont do any road racing only at the 1/4 mile so i should be just fine with these...also check out the reviews on WS6store...there are alot of them and will give you a good idea on how they work..hope this helps!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have these as well and love them, only 1 issue I have and its with ws6store, not the rotors itself. They sent me 4rotors the same side lol.. so they dont match on both sides but oh well there just basically for looks anyways
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

I got the slotted only zinc coated ones with hawk pads. They work well and the price can't be beat. I think the next time I replace them I'll get brembo blanks though after hearing all the recommendations here.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ i have small chips in my rotors (same ones you are looking at from the same retailer) after a few thousand miles and some hard braking. this particular rotor is on the rear, so keep in mind that it doesn't see much braking compared to the front.

this was about a year ago and they're still working fine. i haven't gotten around to replacing them. when i do, i'll go for slotted brembo rotors (best rotors i ever used).
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

For the price they have been well worth the money. No issues and i have had them on for about 2 years / 5k miles or so.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fccs
I have these as well and love them, only 1 issue I have and its with ws6store, not the rotors itself. They sent me 4rotors the same side lol.. so they dont match on both sides but oh well there just basically for looks anyways
you need to get the rotors for the right side, they are not designed to be ran backwards. just like directional tires.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i wish i would of knew about this rotor package before i sent my money to bsi <POS>.... and didnt get my rotors/pads
maybe next winter ill look more into these when i have the motivation to buy brakes again
Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Launching!

I've installed them with the Hawke rotors on my father's '93 formula. The fit and finish was very good and install was cake. Took maybe an hour to do all 4 corners. Well worth the price even if yo'ure thinking of upgrading at a later time. The cosmetic difference is night and day compared to stockers.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the slotted only ones with the hawk hps pads.i read the reviews and alot of people had problems with the drilled ones cracking so i just got slotted only.I like them alot.Stops very good.I do seem to get a little bit of noise from them when i make a hard stop.not a squeak but some other noise.kind of hard to describe
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

put on my 02 Z28 back in november of '06, owned it till november '07, no probs, sold it to mike from HSW on here and he is still running them today with no probs, good product from where i stand, i would recommend

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with WS6 store rotor package?