Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Tusky... LS2/Z28 build

Search this Thread

Old Today, 07:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 561 Likes on 396 Posts
Default Tusky... LS2/Z28 build

First i want to thank everyone that have helped with the car. After the cookbook thread and lots of studies on all motor 6 speed cars along with lots of PMs i made the decision to change my car up to chase a 10 second timeslip myself. The car is a 2000 Z28 6 speed car. After several messages, phone calls, texts and me getting on Mr.Bobby aka ZZracer i decided to send the car his way with a 5 dollar Bill and i told him to make the car fun. I WANT TO THANK HIM FOR WORKING WITH ME AND BEING VERY PATIENT WITH ME. GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH. Also i want to thank Jon for taking care of business for me.

After talking over a plan we decided to ditch the LS3 headed combo on the stock bottom end LS2 that was in my car. The LS3 headed combo performed well but i want the car quicker period. We chose to go with a Fast 102mm intake, cathedral heads, ditch the kooks true dual exhaust, bigger cam, and take a few pounds off the car here and there. The heads really have some bells and whistles.

After me picking at ZZracer brain with 50 different camshafts and him telling me about LSA and how it affects a motor he decided to pull the trigger on a camshaft thats nastier than that Hawk Tuah Girl on a 111 LSA but a camshaft thats very similar to one thats been low 10s on a stock bottom end LS2 in a stalled auto car thats not light at all but still trapped over 130 MPH in the quarter. I will post pics here and there of the build along with more details later.

Bye bye kooks. Exhaust was really heavy and fitment was poor

Hello my baby. Here is how the motor looks now after the machine work and being put together by ZZracer.

The following 3 users liked this post by Tuskyz28:
conexion914 (Today), SlowTBSS (Today), zzracer (Today)
Old Today, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

Which heads did you end up going with? Brodix? How many cubes?
Old Today, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 204 Likes on 124 Posts

Bobby knows his stuff when it comes to these cars. My car wouldn't have gone as fast as it did without him and Jons help. I can assure you; you are in good hands!
The following users liked this post:
Tuskyz28 (Today)
Old Today, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 561 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTBSS
Which heads did you end up going with? Brodix? How many cubes?
its basically a forged LS2.
The following users liked this post:
SlowTBSS (Today)

Quick Reply: Tusky... LS2/Z28 build