Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ve tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Ve tuning questions

I'm working on getting my VE table dialed in. I followed chopperdocs guide on how to set up the tune and have done a couple drives now. Things are going well, but I'm running into two weird issues.

1: Im going lean as i move into around 4k rpm and up, above 40kpa on the map sensor. Where this lands on the VE table is putting me over 100 in terms of the values. Is this normal/okay? My understanding was that this is the computers model of how much air is entering the engine (and with it still being stock displacement and N/A, it shouldn't be able to exceed that, right?)

2: following the guide, I disabled long term fuel trims, AND set the min ect to 284, as well as setting the closed loop enable to 284 as well. Yet I'm still seeing 4-5% in the scanner for long term trims on both sides. Is it actually still adding 4% fuel or is there just some weird bug?

Edit: Here is the most recent tune and the log following those changes
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
VE Tuning 05.hpl (841.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: hpt
VE Tuning 04.hpt (244.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by HappySalesman; Today at 10:12 AM.
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 533 Likes on 395 Posts

‘Ve’ numbers in the context of tuning an ecu are arbitrary. Use the number that gets you the fuel you need.
The following users liked this post:
Full Power (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 477 Likes on 335 Posts

You have to manually reset the long term trims with the scanner controls to get rid of them. Otherwise, you are left with whatever was there before you set the tune to quit updating them.
edit-- If you are seeing numbers that high on your VE table, odds are your fuel injector data is incorrect, whether due to fuel pressure or just wrong data. Or you are just running out of pump or injector.
Old Today, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gametech
You have to manually reset the long term trims with the scanner controls to get rid of them. Otherwise, you are left with whatever was there before you set the tune to quit updating them.
edit-- If you are seeing numbers that high on your VE table, odds are your fuel injector data is incorrect, whether due to fuel pressure or just wrong data. Or you are just running out of pump or injector.
Ohhh. I thought they would have reset when i flashed the tune.

I'm running FIC 440cc injectors, in the log I posted they were at 10ms at 5600 rpm, so well within range for duty cycle. In previous logs when I was getting the MAF dialed in I was showing 12.5ms at 6500 (and WOT) which is only 75% duty cycle. The data is good as well, straight from FIC.

It's possible the fuel pump is struggling, it's still the stock unit (with a racetronix hotwire kit) but I haven't run into any issues with it before. If you have any recommendations on an electronic fuel pressure sensor I can hook up to hptuners I'd appreciate it.
Old Today, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

post a tune and log
Old Today, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
post a tune and log
Posted!
Old Today, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

It doesn't look like it's failing the MAF in the log.

Have you veriied it's giving you a p0101, 102, 103

In part of the tune you are telling it to use just the MAF(High RPM disable is set to 500), in the diag section you have it to fail at 0hz.

Set the high RPM disable to 8000.

Everything else looks right.

Well expect for the VE table, make sure the MAF is failed correctly, put the stock table back in it and start over, that **** is jacked.

I know someone mentioned VE is an abrutary number, yes to an extent. However, an engine does not make power or consume air in the way your table looks.

"IF" the MAF is failed correctly and your VE looks like that, it's either bad injector data or fuel pressure.

Quick Reply: Ve tuning questions