General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

any opinions on slp's new power-flo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any opinions on slp's new power-flo?

i have a 99 z-28 m6 h/c/i car i just recently bought and the exhaust kills my wife. i want to change it before she kills me. i was contemplating slp's new power-flo with 4" double walls or the 3.5" slashes. i watched the demo video, but want some real people opinions. if you have a camaro and have pics of it please post them along with your opinion.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I would be interested too. I haven't heard anything besides the clips on slp's website. Sounds pretty good though.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

You mean new power-flo vs old power-flo?

I thought they changed the name of the dual/dual to power-flo, but it was the same thing. I bought my power-flo back in 2005 and it looks like the same as my friends factory installed dual/dual.
When I bought it there was a note that said the name was changed.

I originally had the quad tips but swapped them out.

Last edited by 9000th01ss; 03-18-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know the exahaust you are talking about. Has the loudmouth muffler, and two mufflers right before the tailpipes and you can pick out of 3 or 4 different tip styles.

I honestly am curious too, I heard it is the quietest they offer in the aftermarket. The price though is not cheap compared to a good magnaflow. I am basically 100% sold on the magnaflow.

GM High tech performance just had an article a few months ago on the new power flo. They installed the new headers too from slp, overall gain was like 31hp. Maybe somebody could can that article and pop it in here for ya. I can't locate it right now... Goodluck with the search and with your wife.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

i actually have the article because i have a subscription. i just wanted a member opinion rather than a possibly biased magazine article. i also wanted pics of the two tips i listed. the article showed the dual tips which i hate.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's basically just a LM with a couple resonators behind the tips.
The extra resonator setup is similar to the original Dual Dual that was optional on SS Hawks and WS6's in `97.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that setup really sounds good on a H/C car. had the setup on mine before i got the chokemaster. mine is stock H/C, stock internal motor and the powerflo was quieter than the flows on my car now. sold the kit to a buddy who had H/C on his camaro and that really woke up the powerflo. sounds meaner and louder than my car now. H/C will wake up the exhaust not and make the powerflo sound mean as ****

stock H/C internal motors, the powerflo kit is really tame