General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Dexcool Litigation

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dexcool Litigation

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I did a search and couldn't find anything, but forgive me if I missed it. Also don't flame me because this has nothing to do with LS1's but rather V6 Camaros and Firebirds from 1995-2002. I came across this the other day, maybe some of you could benefit: http://www.dexcoolsettlement.com/

Has something to do with faulty coolant parts. If you have ever owned or leased a V6 Camaro or Firebird (or any other car listed on the site for that matter) you might be able to get some money.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

THis would only effect you if you owned one of the listed vehicles with one of the listed engines and paid for one of the repairs listed that was directly caused by the crappy coolant GM put in these vehicles.

Also, you would have to have proof of it.

Re'
Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Yea, I figured not a lot of people would benefit, but just in case there was that one person that came across it that it applied to...
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
THis would only effect you if you owned one of the listed vehicles with one of the listed engines and paid for one of the repairs listed that was directly caused by the crappy coolant GM put in these vehicles.

Also, you would have to have proof of it.

Re'
It wasn't so much the coolant, but the usage of Nylon (iirc) intake gaskets. Dexcool isn't compatible with it. Big OOPS by GM.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it is expired now... Too bad too, I know 3 people that had to replace manifold gaskets on 3.1 engines...