General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What makes the 'Low Rumble' of older cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jscotty
Can you imagine what would have happened if people hadn't seen this part!? Please don't post stuff that's this sarcastic, I'm betting somebody comes along and does it.

But based on your recent answer, I'd say it's not correct: the wires don't determine the firing order.
yes... I would LOL...

Its the internet, you should always take everything with a grain of salt... if someone told me to do that, I'd check MULTIPLE sources, before even thinking of doing it. There's so much false info spout on these boards its not even funny (even by me occasionally, as seen earlier in this post... )
Old 03-07-2009, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I guess you might say something like that if you only worked on LS1's where you can't easily put a plug wire in the wrong spot. But to anyone who has done it on something with a distributor, big flaming backfires out the carb that make the neighbors call the police tell me that the cam companies aren't making these special cams for nothing.
Been there before...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 406malibu
yes... I would LOL...

Its the internet, you should always take everything with a grain of salt... if someone told me to do that, I'd check MULTIPLE sources, before even thinking of doing it. There's so much false info spout on these boards its not even funny (even by me occasionally, as seen earlier in this post... )
Unfortunately there are a lot of naive people on forums....that don't double check stuff
Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

i think its the FI cam and heads that makes a difference also the muffler selection,for example a dynomax superturbo muffler will make any car deep

Quick Reply: What makes the 'Low Rumble' of older cars?