General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pontiac going away

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Camaro, hands down my favoite of all the cars I've owned and I've had lots of cars including a couple of stangs. I have an 05 Dodge ram truck that I paid $26K for with 5K miles on it. Brand new this was a $34K dollar truck. Today it has about 25K miles and its worth about half what I paid for it.

Heres my problem with american cars. They don't hold there value at all. You loose your *** on the trade in. Hell the day you drive it off the lot you loose your ***. Im done buying new American cars, why should I contiue paying top dollar and then get it broke off in me when I decide to trade it in. When I think about the money my wifes lincoln LS has lost its enough to make you sick. I hate to say it but Toyotas and Hondas hold there value much better.

Last edited by Lethal Z; 03-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ yup
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mebuildit
I just heard this past weekend that chevy and Dodge (Chrysler) are going to merge. Not sure if it's true, but the guy that told me said his brother works for GM and that's what they are telling him.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't been able to yet.
chrysler and fiat did a merge/intervention kinda thing where fiat got 1/3 of chrysler and rights to some stuff and supposedly fiat in the future wants to start building vehicles in plants in the us that chrysler shut down....BUT who knows what will really happen
Old 03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by myk
Crappy American cars are pretty much a thing of the past. For example, check out the newest CTS, Ford Fusion, Impala, etc. These days, American car companies are putting out VERY good, high quality cars and trucks that easily rival their import competition.

If you're looking at your F car and thinking about how badly American cars are built, remember that your newest F car is almost 7 years old; alot has happened since then, and F cars were never meant to represent achievements in automotive perfection anyway. Camaro's and Firebirds are cheap speed at best, and as everyone knows you can only have 2 of 3 qualities in a performance car:
1. speed 2. reliability/durability 3. low cost

You can't have all 3 in a muscle car, especially one with roots going back to the early 90's. And for the record, $30K isn't considered alot of money...

wish i could agree, but try working at Service departments of either Ford or Chevy dealers. see exactly how reliable they are.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

On that note, I used to work at a nissan/Cadilac/dodge dealer.

They all have plenty of flow.. just different problems thats all
Old 03-12-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by badjuju342
The LS1tech Automotive News and Events forum is quite handy. Pontiac isn't getting the axe but it IS going on a serious diet....
i think it needs it, G8 is about the only car i like.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by firetpi
On that note, I used to work at a nissan/Cadilac/dodge dealer.

They all have plenty of flow.. just different problems thats all
i agree, as i also worked at a honda dealer. but at honda the majority of cars with serious problems were higher mileage vehicles. the newer models would have little problems. ford blows goats as far as drivetrain problems
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Blah...

If the current Pontiac went *poof* tomorrow for good, I wouldn't miss the entire line for one second.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the solstice and G8 are all they have going for them right now. the G6 is good i guess if you like FWDs. i've always wondered what they would look like if GM gave pontiac the fullsize truck platform.