General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Camaro Grille and Door Moulding Removal Threads???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Grille and Door Moulding Removal Threads???

Hey,

Does anybody know where the write ups are for camaro Front Grille removal and side trim removal? I've been searching for a while and I cant find these threads. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Evan
Old 03-22-2009, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for the grille just yank the **** out of it and it will come out. and for the side moldings just get a piece of fishing line underneath a edge and start working it slowly behind it while heating it with a heat gun. usually the glue will peel up on the molding but if not just use some goof off to remove the glue from the car. then buff and wax to perfection!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

I did the moldings last summer. Pair of needled nose pliers to grab the end of the molding, to get it started. Then pull slowly, this will get most of the adhesive to come off with it. If there is still some sticky on the car, I used my thumb to rub the excess off. Yes I had a blister by the time I was done but the results were awesome. After done washed and then waxed. Looks great! As far as the front grill, pain in the ***. I went the hard way and removed the front bumper to get it off. You can cut the plastic rivots without the removal of the bumper but you might have them rattling around until they fall out later. Just my .02.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Make sure your car has never been painted before you go taking the moldings off or you'll have a different colored line down each side.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002SOMSS
I did the moldings last summer. Pair of needled nose pliers to grab the end of the molding, to get it started. Then pull slowly, this will get most of the adhesive to come off with it. If there is still some sticky on the car, I used my thumb to rub the excess off. Yes I had a blister by the time I was done but the results were awesome. After done washed and then waxed. Looks great! As far as the front grill, pain in the ***. I went the hard way and removed the front bumper to get it off. You can cut the plastic rivots without the removal of the bumper but you might have them rattling around until they fall out later. Just my .02.
no kidding you did it the hard way... took me a total of about 2 min. pull each side till the tab has come out, then just pull it like there's no tomorrow. it'll look, and sound like you are about to rip the entire front half of the car off, but it wont hurt a thing. just breaks the rivets on the back and its good to go. looks so much better w/o a grille than with the stock one.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002SOMSS
yep, thats the correct way to this both tasks. goof off is good for the adhesive still left on the car. just wipe the excess off, dont scrub.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

it is a bitch to pull the grill out i just did mine today