General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

AC hose question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC hose question

my AC hose that goes from the compressor to wherever has a hole in it. GM has no more of these parts in stock at all and they have halted production on this part. there is no ETA on when there will ever be this part available, and it appears that will be never.

i cannot find it at any junk yard so basically the hole is on the metal part of the hose. can i weld over the hole or somehow get it fixed without replacing it? would that be safe?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go to a shop that specializes in A/C repairs and they should be able to fix the hose for you.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was in the same situation you are. I went to every junk yard, went to all the A/C and automotive shops. The last place I went to was a Chevrolet dealer, reason being, I know they would probably have a hefty price and they didn't have one or a parts # to order from. So I went back to the auto shop my car was at and he was checking to see if a V6 A/C line would work, no luck on that, so welding was the only solution. So far, no problems and the A/C blows cold *** air like it always used to. Hopefully it's fixed for good, I wouldn't be able to go without A/C down here in Louisiana, lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Out here in AZ there is only one place that does AC ****. They fab their own hoses and rent all necessary AC equipment (recovery machines, gauges).

I hope this place never goes out of business, I think it's a one of a kind.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, we fab all our own ac lines at work, but 99% of it is vintage air stuff. So the fittings are a lot different than factory stuff.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 99345hp
Go to a shop that specializes in A/C repairs and they should be able to fix the hose for you.
YUP...