General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Major Problems Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Problems Please Help!!

Ok, I just got my car back last week with a BRAND NEW transmission (Automatic) and as I was driving away from a stoplight tonight it decides it doesn't want to shift into 3rd.

It will go 1-2 and then when it needs to go to third it just pops out of gear and revs up like its in neutral. If you let the rpms come down it will shift into gear again, but if you try to accelerate it just revs up. So now I'm stuck to just being able to go 25 mph.

So I put it in second and drove the whole way home with the emergency lights on.

Another problem that might have to do with it is on start up my gauge cluster and all my lights flicker for a minute or so. And my Volt gauge will go all over the place sometimes. anywhere between 10-14. Doesn't matter if i have music or headlights on. It does it all the time randomly.

I have a beefed up alternator and it reads the right volts from the battery weather it's on or off.

I have no clue what is going on, and I can only go like 25 mph right now so I'm pretty much stuck at home. I disconnected that battery and I am going to let it sit all night and try driving it again in the morning.

Does anyone know what could possible be the problem???