General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

question about nitrous...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about nitrous...

My car's got just over 90 thousand miles on it. Bought it with 80 thousand stock, and have added all the mods in my sig to it. So far, it runs great with no problems.

Future mods are: Ported TB, UD Pulley, Thermostat, 3600 Converter & possibly Performabuilt Trans at the same time then tune (Heads&Cam can wait. i wanna get suspension mods done after tune)

My questions are...

1. How safe of a shot can i go with??
2. How long would the engine be able to handle the shot?? (doubt i would even spray it very much)
3. Dry or Wet?? I believe WET is the better option.

Ive never really looked into Nitrious but so idk much about it. Let me know guy's, just want to know these facts, if i decide to go this route anytime soon.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Badguy7
My car's got just over 90 thousand miles on it. Bought it with 80 thousand stock, and have added all the mods in my sig to it. So far, it runs great with no problems.

Future mods are: Ported TB, UD Pulley, Thermostat, 3600 Converter & possibly Performabuilt Trans at the same time then tune (Heads&Cam can wait. i wanna get suspension mods done after tune)

My questions are...

1. How safe of a shot can i go with??
2. How long would the engine be able to handle the shot?? (doubt i would even spray it very much)
3. Dry or Wet?? I believe WET is the better option.

Ive never really looked into Nitrious but so idk much about it. Let me know guy's, just want to know these facts, if i decide to go this route anytime soon.
1. About 150
2. Never know how long the engine will last for
3. Wet is always a safer more reliable way of using nitrous

If I were to put nitrous in I would wait until after my heads and cam to see the most gains out of it. If your not going to take it to the track all the time, I really don't see a point of throwing nitrous at anything IMO its just eyecandy and not really useful on the street. I would rather build the car NA for the street seeing as you can use that anytime. Not really indepth but thats what I think about the whole nitrous thing