General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Where to get financing

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get financing

I did a search and didn't find anything directly related.

I'm curious if you folks are still getting fbods financed? I know that CapitalOne canned their BlankCheck and that would have been a good opportunity.

I'm with a credit union and I don't think it'll fly as they don't want to finance anything less than 6 years old.

Any advice would be appreciated!

-Brien
Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a 12k loan from a local credit union in 11/07 for my 00 WS6....credit was not a problem then! If you have good credit you might be able to find a bank willing to loan you money on an older f-body.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

well i got my fbod about 3 years ago with capital one. so u might want to give it a try. im curious if banks are really desperate to earn business that they finanace anything.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by qwk93ta
I got a 12k loan from a local credit union in 11/07 for my 00 WS6....credit was not a problem then! If you have good credit you might be able to find a bank willing to loan you money on an older f-body.
Thanks for posting up. I will check around with some more credit unions and see who wants the business. I do have good credit, so the issue will not be there.

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
well i got my fbod about 3 years ago with capital one. so u might want to give it a try. im curious if banks are really desperate to earn business that they finanace anything.
I bet you did that BlankCheck though? I'm pretty sad that they stopped doing this. I assume they got a lot of business thru it as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cigarette 70
Thanks for posting up. I will check around with some more credit unions and see who wants the business. I do have good credit, so the issue will not be there.

I bet you did that BlankCheck though? I'm pretty sad that they stopped doing this. I assume they got a lot of business thru it as well.

ya know i think it was!! that sucks they did away with that. but im still sure u can get financing with capital one.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found that same problem when it came to getting a loan for my car. Most banks are not loaning money out on car that are more than 7 years old. I tried Bank of America, regions, and some other major banks in the area. How ever. I am only 20, but I was also was told that you would almost be better getting a personal loan for the car. With the personal loan you normally incure a higher intrest rate. But you have the title to the car not the bank. I also found out that 9 out of 10 banks will make you apply on line for auto loans if that will help you out in anyway. Which takes forever to get a response back. I tried Hagirty Car loans, the company that does the loans for the Barrett Jackson Show. You can try that. Or try a credit union, but most of the time there to you may have to be a member to get a rate or high loan.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

ive taken out two loans for f bodys in the last year and a half both through a local credit union one was a 1995 formula the other one was a 1999 trans am