General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Old school or new school?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Old school or new school?

I am facing a personal crisis and was looking for an outside view. i currently have a 69 camaro that needs work. Full paint and body make over with rust repair in the common areas for a first gen. Also gonna replace the tired, leaky non original 350 and muncie 4 sp. with a LS1 and 6 sp.

my problem lies in the fact that ever since the 2010 was released I want one, Bad. Every day i am fending off my own reasons that I NEED one. I can afford it so that is not a valid excuse.

If I do get one I will keep the 69, but put it on hold due to my wallet not being that fat.

What are your opinions on both.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

put the same money into the 69. It will be so much more original. Not to mention bad ***. everyone will wakt to see it or take pictures of it. In about a year there will be so many camaros around it will just be another camaro
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by camaross82
I am facing a personal crisis and was looking for an outside view. i currently have a 69 camaro that needs work. Full paint and body make over with rust repair in the common areas for a first gen. Also gonna replace the tired, leaky non original 350 and muncie 4 sp. with a LS1 and 6 sp.

my problem lies in the fact that ever since the 2010 was released I want one, Bad. Every day i am fending off my own reasons that I NEED one. I can afford it so that is not a valid excuse.

If I do get one I will keep the 69, but put it on hold due to my wallet not being that fat.

What are your opinions on both.
I have the same debate with myself on a daily basis. I even went so far as to test drive a new Camaro, and I nearly ordered one that day. But, like you, I have other stuff I *could* spend the money on. I have an old school project as well, my Nova. The car is complete, restored, and totally useable as-is; but I have a serious desire to tear it all apart and do some stuff better and/or different. Both options have a big appeal, so I guess I really can't help you at all because I'm in the same boat.

Is your '69 complete and driveable as-is? If not, then I'd probably focus on that car first, simply because I'd want to at least be able to use it somewhat.

Originally Posted by SPLATT
In about a year there will be so many camaros around it will just be another camaro
That is my biggest concern with the new Camaro. It's a big deal right now, but 3 years from now our old school muscle cars will still be the same big deal they are today, but a '10 Camaro will just be someone's cool daily driver. Tough call.