General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Long Live the F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, just stfu about your pointless facts... let the man enjoy his american muscle car.
Its a chevy, and its american, Period.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

With how global most major auto makers are cars are not "American" or "Japanese" hell I know that some Toyotas and Hondas that are more "American" then my Camaro, I just accept it. And most Hondas, Toyotas, Kias, etc are built in the US now and if you look at some of the stickers it tells you how much of the cars are "American" from materials to assembly and ive seen Hondas in the 80+ percent. And ive taken apart a ton of stuff on my past 6 F-bodies and I have still not found a part that says made in the USA on it...lol
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what i do not get is that the Camaro is assembled in canada but it will probably cost cheaper in the US then in canada, does not make sense because you have to transport all the vehicles back to the US.

that's why i bought mine in Florida 0 rust
Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by elias_799
what i do not get is that the Camaro is assembled in canada but it will probably cost cheaper in the US then in canada, does not make sense because you have to transport all the vehicles back to the US.

that's why i bought mine in Florida 0 rust
Its really not that simple, even if the labor is not cheaper there could be other motives such as political drivers. Because of the jobs created for the Canada people there is a chance that the Canadian government was giving them a tax break or other incentives along those lines to operate there. This is why alot of companies move jobs overseas for tax breaks, its not always for cheap labor