General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Best place to buy Window Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcws6
Dying Window Motor Syndrome is a symptom of a flaw in how the window motor circuit was designed. The stock wiring underpowers the motors, which causes them to crap out earlier. This happens especially quickly if you frequently roll both windows down at the same time.

When I replaced my driver's side motor, I also installed one of these kits: http://www.autotrix.net/Product-Pass...Fix-Kit_1.aspx

The kit splits up the circuit & powers both windows directly from the battery, theoretically extending the lifetime. There's a post on this forum somewhere about how to make your own wiring harness, but I just found the kit was easier.

I installed my motor/wiring kit about a year ago, and both motors are still goin strong. I also used an AutoZone motor, and the only thing I don't like about it is that it's quite a bit louder than the stock motor. Can't remember exactly which motor I got, but it's not worth another swap to deal with.
Thanks! I was going to replace mine today, but I'll just wait for this to come in and do it, so I won't have future problems
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

The kit installs in the passenger side (you don't need to take the entire door panel off, though), so feel free to install your driver's side motor while you're waiting. That's how I did mine.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

I just installed one from Advanced this Sunday. The window flies up and down now, its almost dangerous.