General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

headlight problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default headlight problem?

As of this morning, one of my headlight motors is acting up. When I turn off my head light and they go down, one motor just keeps going for like 5 more seconds and makes a grinding sound. Also, now when I pust the lock button on my key fob the light flip up then go back down and the grinding happens again. Can anyone help me out?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

replace the headlight motor the gear is stripped... not the large gear the long spiral gear.... at least for me this fixed the problem... 115 bucks @ autozone and it has a lifetime warranty. Yours could be the big gear I believe it does the same thing but for me the replacement motor with a lifetime warranty is the best solution... I can always get a new one no problem no questions asked if I need it
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the headlight will still flip up and down but seems like its trying to keep going down when I turn them off.

would a bad headlight motor be the reason my headlight flip and and down when I lock my car?

Thanks for the help by the way
Old 08-22-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just replace the plastic gear on the headlight motor with a brass one or whatever is made of. Just clik om user name and look for the thread that says "wtf, weird **** going on" or something like that. There you will find a reply by a member that his signature has a link to his thread. I can't give you the link cuz I'm responding from my phone, anyways I hope it helps.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the quick free fix is to take the arm off the motor and spin it 180 degrees because the headlight only uses half of the gear to go up and down so if you do this you will get some more life out of them but its just a temporary fix. i did this to mine about a year ago and they are still good. Like i said just wind them up manually take the arm off the motor spin the motor 180 and put the arms back on.