General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

anyone have a problem dealing with vengeance racing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone have a problem dealing with vengeance racing?

i bought a vidicator cam off someone on here and i called them a good 6 times during there working hours. and 4 times it rang and rang then went to vmail. then the other two i talked to them and they said they were gonna call me back and never did. thats not good service at all. so since they were no help i dont plan on doin any business with them.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

reason i was calling was to see if i would have to fly cut the pistons on an lq4 with using that cam.. im using patriot stg 3 heads 59cc
Old 08-21-2009, 07:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry I missed your call(s)... This was a VERY hectic week. Thats not excuse for poor service, but I simply didnt get off the phone for 5 days straight it seems. The person answering the phones is new to the company and does not want to give out false information. Again, I am sorry for our lack of service.

To answer your question, yes, you will have to flycut with your combo. Always check/verify PV when unsure.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Launching!

seems to be cleared up, but heres my .02. i got a ported 92/92 from them, with no problems at all. talked a couple times and received it faster than i thought. a great experience!
Old 08-21-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for your reply.. that really sucks i have to have them fly cut. i wonder if i should just buy some pistons that have valve reliefs in them already.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

ricknbird350.... I apologize for the dropped ball...

Until/unless you physically measure your deck/out of the hole height, and know your chamber cc, it would not be prudent to just buy/install pistons w/reliefs in them already.

Best(easiest/most cost effective)method would be to install the cam and measure using a light spring/dial caliper or clay method, and use a flycut head/tool to arrive at the proper relief cc # for your application.

If you'd like to call back Monday, I'd be happy to walk you through the process.

Hope this helps and again, apologize for the delay in getting you the info-

Last edited by Kevin@Vengeance; 08-21-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone have a problem dealing with vengeance racing?