General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Where to Get Bigger Clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Get Bigger Clutch pedal

6 Months ago I injured my foot and had to have my toes amputated on my left foot. Now im starting to be able to drive again and i think it would be more comfortable shifting if I had a bigger pedal to make contact with more of my foot. But I havent been able to find any bigger pedals, is there any aftermarket ones for Trans ams or will I need to do something custom.
Thanks
Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow man I am sorry to hear about your foot glad you are ok and were not more seriously hurt. I am not totally sure about any companies making larger foot pedals but I would think it would be fairly easy to custom make a larger pedal. Good luck
Old 09-15-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch man. you lost all your toes on your left foot? however, kudos to you for having ***** to still drive a manual car

just an idea....the black rubber portion of the clutch pedal easily comes off; just have to ease the edges out. after that, you got a bare metal clutch pedal. maybe you can look at some aftermarket pedals from some sponsors and see if you can fit an aftermarket throttle pedal on your clutch.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe weld an a4 brake pedal on there. You may have to bend the metal to make room but it shouldn't be too bad. May not be pretty but it would help.

Quick Reply: Where to Get Bigger Clutch pedal