General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2 Cars - Which to work on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Default 2 Cars - Which to work on?

Well I have two cars -(see sig.)- Ive owed this firebird for 3 years, thats 3 winters, falls, springs, summers and its now about to go through its 4th winter and personally have drove this car for 45,000 miles. The firebird needs new shocks/tires all around, rear rotors, driveshaft, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and soon will need another oil change and tranny flush. I've already replaced front/rear sway bars (see sig.) the rear axle, tens. pulley, altanater, battery, serp. belt, did a radiater flush, magnaflow stainless steel exhaust system, front rotors and pads, rear pads (got the wrong rear rotors so I just swaped out the pads for now), the headlamp "motors"/actuators, and thermostat. Also I seafoamed everything you can.

Well the camaro needs nothing and is getting put up for the winter the 22nd of this month and I wont be driving it til April. But I would love to start buying parts and putting them on for next summer asap cause I just got the car and... Well I have the need. Ya know?

So what would you do?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
Well I have two cars -(see sig.)- Ive owed this firebird for 3 years, thats 3 winters, falls, springs, summers and its now about to go through its 4th winter and personally have drove this car for 45,000 miles. The firebird needs new shocks/tires all around, rear rotors, driveshaft, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and soon will need another oil change and tranny flush. I've already replaced front/rear sway bars (see sig.) the rear axle, tens. pulley, altanater, battery, serp. belt, did a radiater flush, magnaflow stainless steel exhaust system, front rotors and pads, rear pads (got the wrong rear rotors so I just swaped out the pads for now), the headlamp "motors"/actuators, and thermostat. Also I seafoamed everything you can.

Well the camaro needs nothing and is getting put up for the winter the 22nd of this month and I wont be driving it til April. But I would love to start buying parts and putting them on for next summer asap cause I just got the car and... Well I have the need. Ya know?

So what would you do?
define "work on". for the bird, i would just maintain it; its not worth to mod a v6. since it is your DD, i would consider tints and/or a decent stereo setup.

as for the z28... a SOM z28!, i would mod the **** out of it and keep the paint shiny.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Finkledbody;12237321]The firebird needs new shocks/tires all around, rear rotors, driveshaft, fuel filter, plugs, wires, and soon will need another oil change and tranny flush.QUOTE]

I Think thats self explanitory.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

When i say needs. These things don't need to be done at all, i would just like to do them
Tires so i can burn off my current ones
I have the steel 2 piece driveshaft but an aluminum driveshaft cause it would be nice
Plugs an wires - i just want the msd set up with iridium plugs

Tranny flush and fuel filter I did 30k miles ago
Oil I did 1k miles ago
Rear shocks and disks I do need though

Sorry for the confussion
Old 09-18-2009, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
When i say needs. These things don't need to be done at all, i would just like to do them
Tires so i can burn off my current ones
I have the steel 2 piece driveshaft but an aluminum driveshaft cause it would be nice
Plugs an wires - i just want the msd set up with iridium plugs

Tranny flush and fuel filter I did 30k miles ago
Oil I did 1k miles ago
Rear shocks and disks I do need though

Sorry for the confussion

Just maintain what you NEED to do to keep the DD safe and running. It's just your DD. Then what you have left over, mod the SOM. Pretty simple if it were me.