General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

New Paint Q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Paint Q's

I finally got my car back after being rear ended, and shoved under the car in front of me, about two months ago. The car got an entirely new paint job. Unfortunately I am away at school and my father got the whole speech on what to do and not do with new paint... Basically I am hoping one of you could tell me the do's and don'ts of a new paint job. I already know it can't be waxed for 90 days? Just want to be sure he didn't forget anything.
Also the car will be kept in a garage that is pretty much left alone with nobody going in or out. Will the lack of sunlight be bad for the paint trying to cure? What about dust? What about covering it with soft blankets to be sure no little critters are walking on it(freshly washed of course)? I won't see the car but maybe once a month so it will be there for relatively long periods of time... plus winter is coming.
Just trying to be careful and take advantage of the only good thing to come out of the accident, except GMMG catback . This is the first car I have ever had painted sorry if this seems like a noob question.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt worry too much, it will cure faster in the sun but i would still keep it in the garage to keep it away from the elements because the paint is still going to be soft...dont powerwash it for sure for a WHILE, and definitely do not put a cover on it, that will hold the moisture in, let the paint breathe! but overall i wouldnt be too concerned, they give you those instructions just to be extra careful, if your smart, your fine...