General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

looking for input

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for input

i was wanting some input i have a 2000 trans am on here for sale 4800 and a 2000 r6 yamaha sport bike for sale 4200 looking to trade both for an old car and a guy sent me an email wanting to trade for both and here his ad is thanks for any input

1991 Mustang GT is in the process of being professionaly painted dark shadow gey from right under the windows up and black on the bottom. has Cobra rear bumber and wing, and cobra r cowl hood. Also has Centerline Convo-pro 15x4 and 15x8.5.

ENGINE
347ci,12:1 comp, pump gas
FRPP sportsman block
3.400 scat 4340 crank
scat 4340 5.4 rods
ross flat top 2618 forged pistons
romac aluminum balancer
comp custom hydr roller nitrous camshaft
FRPP lifters
comp pushrods
scorpion 1.7 aluminum roller rockers
AFR 225 heads with nitrous exh ports
edelbrock victor 5.0 intake ported to match heads
42lb injectors
75mm throttle body
76mm mass air
underdrive pulley

TRANS
NEW Lentech strip terminator AOD with every option except trans brake
lentech 9" race converter 4200 stall

IGNITION
MSD 6Al
MSD wires
NGK plugs
MSD coil

evrything else on the car is stock with the exception of 4.30 gears, KYB gas adjust shocks and struts, and eibach drag springs. everything works on the car except the a/c which i removed but still have it all if someone wanted to put it back on. has full grey interior and leather seats, the fronts are in pretty bad shape tho.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

All I'll offer and stress is to be very careful!! You have over $8,000 worth of value and you want to make sure you get your money's worth with that '91 Mustang. You know how cheap you can pick up '91 Mustangs for so really be sure all the extras are worth that much to you, not him. NO ONE recovers what they put into cars. Very rarely anyway. Also this Mustang sounds like an unfinished project which can be a nightmare and potential money pit. This is one serious trade that you want to approach with a business-like attitude with zero emotion (I gotta have that!!!). You could get burned. Be smart.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC01TA
All I'll offer and stress is to be very careful!! You have over $8,000 worth of value and you want to make sure you get your money's worth with that '91 Mustang. You know how cheap you can pick up '91 Mustangs for so really be sure all the extras are worth that much to you, not him. NO ONE recovers what they put into cars. Very rarely anyway. Also this Mustang sounds like an unfinished project which can be a nightmare and potential money pit. This is one serious trade that you want to approach with a business-like attitude with zero emotion (I gotta have that!!!). You could get burned. Be smart.

Good advise.......I would ask the seller why they are selling the stang and have a mechanic look at the car. Find out why they are having the car painted, was it recently wrecked?
Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Why is your Trans Am only $4800? They sell for more than that wrecked at insurance auctions.

Don't trade, it's never in your favor.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Teching In

it has a rebuilt title and needs some interior work and a paint job was hoping for a quick sell to make my money back