General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009 | 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default remote starter

do they make them for my trans am.
Old 11-30-2009 | 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, they make them for any car, even if you have a manual.
Old 12-01-2009 | 10:11 AM
On The Tree

They're usually generic for any car but make sure you tell the shop that you drive a manual cause there's a special module to disengage the clutch before turning the car over.

IIRC you'll have to park in neutral with the handbrake on. I don't think you can leave your car in gear and park it with a remote starter.
Old 12-01-2009 | 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrownBoy
They're usually generic for any car but make sure you tell the shop that you drive a manual cause there's a special module to disengage the clutch before turning the car over.

IIRC you'll have to park in neutral with the handbrake on. I don't think you can leave your car in gear and park it with a remote starter.
I would assume this too lol. I've thought about a remote start but I've heard they are a huge pain too install, and I hate paying other people to do work for me haha.
Old 12-01-2009 | 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BrownBoy

No, you just need to fool the car into thinking the clutch is depressed. It should be done by, as you mentioned, making sure the shifter's in neutral AND the parking brake is on.